This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

34 minutes ago, Striker said:

Reid had the Jackson/Maclin combo from 2008 through 2012, which was pretty productive. The availability of WRs has also greatly increased from the early 2000s to now, so a lot of teams made do with lesser groups during his days in Philly.

They also haven't put a lot into their WR room in terms of resources. Since Reid arrived, they've spent 10 picks on WRs. And only three of them were second round picks or higher.

By comparison, the Packers have spent 19 picks on WRs (three in the second or higher).

Holy ****, you're right!  I completely forgot that he had Jackson and Maclin.  For whatever reason I thought that was later.  He also was their coach with Vick.  Andy Reid has been around forever.

Chiefs probably do need to do what we did the last two seasons and just scatter shot WRs.  If you are going to stink, at least be cheap and young.

55 minutes ago, joeybrowner47 said:

This is SOOO true. I have a feeling we’ll be the doormats of the North for awhile. It appears that most of our stars are either retiring, unrestricted free agents or coming off major injuries all at once. I’m probably in the minority but a total rebuild is what needs to happen. It’d be a tough pill to swallow trading Jefferson but honestly how long will he put up with this current roster anyway? 

Then lets ease your pain...quick & simple like....we'll swap you Watson for Jefferson.
That way your disgruntled, diva WR will become our problem. Deal? 

3 hours ago, KFP7 said:

is it wrong to pull for Detroit a bit?  Division rivals must be frowned upon, but its hard not rooting for a team that's making their first deep playoff run in forever

Detroit's been down so long. Even the division rivals feel bad for them

• Like 2

Want some enjoyable reading go to the Bears forum and see how they are twisting themselves into pretzels to convince themselves bringing Fields back is the correct move. 

If only one of them was Ryan Poles! LOL

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Want some enjoyable reading go to the Bears forum and see how they are twisting themselves into pretzels to convince themselves bringing Fields back is the correct move. 

If only one of them was Ryan Poles! LOL

Had some fun on r/Vikings earlier today, where they have convinced themselves that Minny is trading up for Jayden Daniels (maybe), and that he is also better than both Caleb Williams and Drake Maye. WOW, the team they’re a fan of just might happen to get themselves the (non-consensus) QB1. How lucky can ya get. 

2 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Had some fun on r/Vikings earlier today, where they have convinced themselves that Minny is trading up for Jayden Daniels (maybe), and that he is also better than both Caleb Williams and Drake Maye. WOW, the team they’re a fan of just might happen to get themselves the (non-consensus) QB1. How lucky can ya get. 

I actually like Daniels more than Maye but not sure any of the three make it past the first three picks. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 3:23 PM, Isherwood said:

I would have zero problems with Detroit winning it this year. We’ll put em back in their place next year. 

Definitely don’t want San Fran or KC to win. 

DET is the only team left that I don't actively dislike, so I am rooting for them by default.

• Like 2

Based on the commercial they accidently released it's already been decided. It's giong to be Baltimore vs. San Francisco. 

I'm pulling for Detroit though. For a couple of reasons, but one of them would be it would make the Vikings a worse organization than Detroit. 

Edited by Old Guy

On 1/24/2024 at 2:21 PM, KFP7 said:

is it wrong to pull for Detroit a bit?  Division rivals must be frowned upon, but its hard not rooting for a team that's making their first deep playoff run in forever

Thats another team to win a superbowl before the vikings.

Im for it

• Like 2