Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

They’re lucky as hell to have won game 2. The Yankees are a better team.

I don't necessarily agree with that statement.  As it stands, with our cleanup hitter out of the lineup, and arguably our best hitter coming back to get one at-bat on the final day of the season.  Toss in a great defensive CF that runs like a gazelle getting his hand stepped on, then I'd agree with you.  We're devastated with injuries right now.  Last year it was the rotation that was on life-support.  This year, it is the offense.  They'll need to figure out how to score some runs.  Maybe not today, but for game 5.  

12 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I don't necessarily agree with that statement.  As it stands, with our cleanup hitter out of the lineup, and arguably our best hitter coming back to get one at-bat on the final day of the season.  Toss in a great defensive CF that runs like a gazelle getting his hand stepped on, then I'd agree with you.  We're devastated with injuries right now.  Last year it was the rotation that was on life-support.  This year, it is the offense.  They'll need to figure out how to score some runs.  Maybe not today, but for game 5.  

Not to crap on you, but great teams overcome adversity. Losing teams blame injuries and officiating.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Not to crap on you, but great teams overcome adversity. Losing teams blame injuries and officiating.

....and they still have 15 innings to do so.  I'm confident.  I'm not blaming injuries, simply pointing them out, and saying that they haven't yet figured out how to get past them.

We'll have the presumptive Cy Young Award Winner starting for us on Wednesday....at home.  

I'll take my chances.  

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

He kills them in the 2-hole and is also not a Center fielder. I’m at a loss.

Hopefully Kluber has his A-game Wednesday. Need him big.

We need to have Jackson in this lineup. It's criminal that he hasn't been playing much but Brantley is getting all these AB's. 

Whats killing them is not rolling with what got them here. They forced guys like Brantley, Kipnis and Chiz back in the lineup after not being active at all for months just because they didnt want to start guys like Greg Allen, Yandy Diaz and Erik Gonzalez. 

Also, where in the hell has Austin Jackson been. Replace Brantley with Jackson and Kipnis with Greg Allen RIGHT NOW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Whats killing them is not rolling with what got them here. They forced guys like Brantley, Kipnis and Chiz back in the lineup after not being active at all for months just because they didnt want to start guys like Greg Allen, Yandy Diaz and Erik Gonzalez. 

Also, where in the hell has Austin Jackson been. Replace Brantley with Jackson and Kipnis with Greg Allen RIGHT NOW.

Jackson definitely needs to play. Hell I'd be find putting Jose back at 3rd, moving Kip to 2nd and putting Jackson at CF. Giovanny was solid at 3b but he can't hit anything.

5 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Jackson definitely needs to play. Hell I'd be find putting Jose back at 3rd, moving Kip to 2nd and putting Jackson at CF. Giovanny was solid at 3b but he can't hit anything.

I agree with that completely, but its too late. Tito will roll with what is happening hes is not making a major change like that in a elimination game.