Josh McDaniels Decides to Stay with New England

WeaponX

16 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Because they do what every business in the world has ever done and gave an exiting employee a counter offer? Some of you need to get a real grip and a lesson in reality. 

If the whole organization hadn’t cheated for years it wouldnt be presumed as a shady move. But that’s not the case now is it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

If the whole organization hadn’t cheated for years it wouldnt be presumed as a shady move. But that’s not the case now is it.

Actually whatever they may or may not have done in the past has no bearing here. It’s intellectually dishonest. An employee was leaving and they counter offered. Full stop. That was just a childish response that you knew was going to be taken the way it was. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

A football's future moderator, v nice. 

A moderator is allowed to point out facts and there's several instances of the NE organization cheating. So yes as a moderator I will point that out. And the other 31 teams in the NFL think what McDaniels and NE organization did in this case was shady. Why wasn't he offered more money a month ago when he "took" the job and set up a staff? If right when he was rumored to go to Indy he was offered money and stayed I'd have no problem with it. But to set up a whole staff and then turn your back on it is just incredibly wrong. And whether you like to hear it or not it fits the franchises shady past.

• Like 1

Just now, Bobby816 said:

A moderator is allowed to point out facts and there's several instances of the NE organization cheating. So yes as a moderator I will point that out. And the other 31 teams in the NFL think what McDaniels and NE organization did in this case was shady. Why wasn't he offered more money a month ago when he "took" the job and set up a staff? If right when he was rumored to go to Indy he was offered money and stayed I'd have no problem with it. But to set up a whole staff and then turn your back on it is just incredibly wrong. And whether you like to hear it or not it fits the franchises shady past.

are moderators allowed to troll as well? cause i don't see any other moderators making trash posts like that. 

How does when he was offered money correlate to the perceptions of spygate and deflategate? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

are moderators allowed to troll as well? cause i don't see any other moderators making trash posts like that. 

How does when he was offered money correlate to the perceptions of spygate and deflategate? 

It really doesn't. But when an organization has a past like NE does than yes that's where the finger will get pointed. Fact is it was a wrong move by McDaniels and NE. He should have been offered more money right away, not after he set up a whole staff and all other HCs are gone. It was just very poor. If you want I'll apologize for bringing up a shady past. I'm sorry. But that doesn't change that the order this was all done in, really screwed over Indy. And that's 100% on McDaniels and NE. And isn't a good image and a big reason why the other 31 teams and fans don't like the NE franchise.

Why will it get pointed? I listen to EEI daily and read this board nearly daily, you are the first I've seen say it's because the Patriots are cheaters. That's the worst take of any sports related issue I've ever heard and I've heard LT isn't elite because he might get hurt. And I accept your apology. :*

I agree wholeheartedly that it was wrong. I wouldn't argue that it isn't. But I would argue that it's a business and I don't have sympathy for those making the type of money they all are. I don't believe it makes McDaniels a bad person because I, once again, will say this... I don't believe a job defines a person. 

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It would be one thing if there was some sort of cheating allegation and you said that you weren't going to give the Patriots the benefit of the doubt. 

However you didn't. You brought up something that was entirely unrelated to the topic at hand so you could be a troll and bring up past scandals. Nobody on either side disputes the facts here. McDaniels agreed to a deal but never signed a contract and backed out after he got another offer. You brought up past cheating allegations so you could be snippy, not because it had anything to do with the facts here. 

Tbh if that's the thought process you have when posting you probably shouldn't be moderator. Like you knew what you were doing when you posted that and you knew the reaction it was going to get. So either you were trolling or you had terrible judgment. And yeah if another poster did that and it started the exact same pissing match a mod would have stepped in eventually. 

Also you don't speak for 31 teams, so cut it. Also I wonder why the Patriots in the middle of a playoff run didn't stop what they were doing to negotiate or why they might have changed their mind when they saw their offense be the only good thing about the Super Bowl and maybe wanted some continuity there since they were having definite changes on defense. Hard to figure that one out, I know.

Edited by lancerman

46 minutes ago, lancerman said:

It would be one thing if there was some sort of cheating allegation and you said that you weren't going to give the Patriots the benefit of the doubt. 

However you didn't. You brought up something that was entirely unrelated to the topic at hand so you could be a troll and bring up past scandals. Nobody on either side disputes the facts here. McDaniels agreed to a deal but never signed a contract and backed out after he got another offer. You brought up past cheating allegations so you could be snippy, not because it had anything to do with the facts here. 

Tbh if that's the thought process you have when posting you probably shouldn't be moderator. Like you knew what you were doing when you posted that and you knew the reaction it was going to get. So either you were trolling or you had terrible judgment. And yeah if another poster did that and it started the exact same pissing match a mod would have stepped in eventually. 

Also you don't speak for 31 teams, so cut it. Also I wonder why the Patriots in the middle of a playoff run didn't stop what they were doing to negotiate or why they might have changed their mind when they saw their offense be the only good thing about the Super Bowl and maybe wanted some continuity there since they were having definite changes on defense. Hard to figure that one out, I know.

Like I stated I'm apologizing for bringing up a cheating past. But I do still stand by that it was a very poor handling of the situation. I was not trolling. I was just giving my insight from what "I'm sure a lot" of other non NE fans think about the handling of this situation.

48 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Because they do what every business in the world has ever done and gave an exiting employee a counter offer? Some of you need to get a real grip and a lesson in reality. 

Name me one other team that literally waited until a would-be HC not only agreed to a contract, but were about to announce him as their new HC to try and woo him into staying with them. You can't. 

Hell, one league source says it was done specifically to spite Indy for Deflategate.

Two words: sour grapes.

• Like 2

Just now, KManX89 said:

Name me one other team that literally waited until a would-be HC not only agreed to a contract, but were about to announce him as their new HC to try and woo him into staying with them. You can't. 

Hell, one league source says it was done specifically to spite Indy for Deflategate.

Whose the league source? Is he in New England? If he's not I'd love to know how he knows Kraft's thought process? Sounds like the source was giving him his opinion on the matter. 

And really it doesn't matter. This happens in the business world all the time. People verbally accept offers and then get a counter off and back out. Literally every company has been through something like this. 

4 hours ago, KManX89 said:

That tweet makes little sense.  If Kraft had so much hatred with the Colts, why did the 2 teams make 2 separate trades with the Colts?  Why wouldn't Kraft veto those trades?  What has Kraft done to the Colts since Deflate as the tweet states "putting it to the Colts again"... besides beating them at football?

1 hour ago, areksoo said:

That tweet makes little sense.  If Kraft had so much hatred with the Colts, why did the 2 teams make 2 separate trades with the Colts?  Why wouldn't Kraft veto those trades?  What has Kraft done to the Colts since Deflate as the tweet states "putting it to the Colts again"... besides beating them at football?

Because presumably he thought his team was winning those trades?

• Like 3