2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, fattlipp said:

so you want no part of Leveon Bell then?

Gordon got in trouble 4 times, hes back, Bryant only 2x,

would you give a 4th for Gordon

So if we could get Gordon and Bryant for our 2 4ths this year, you woulnt do it?, lol

You're leaving out a lot of information for being so arrogant, wrong and having put words into my mouth.  Do you think the Browns wouldn't have taken a fourth round pick for Gordon?  Or the Steelers for Bryant?  A near-elite cornerback just went for a second and a fourth without any drug suspensions.  You think a receiver who managed 5 games and 18 catches 3 years after being out of the NFL for repeated substance abuse problems is gonna fetch a fourth round pick in a trade?  The lol is on you for that one. 

2 hours ago, jleisher said:

If this is true, then yeah, I understand why he refused.  I was thinking more like $5m base.

Sounds like the Packers weren't as interested in keeping him around as Gute indicated they were.

19 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

so you want no part of Leveon Bell then?

Gordon got in trouble 4 times, hes back, Bryant only 2x,

would you give a 4th for Gordon?

So if we could get Gordon and Bryant for our 2 4ths this year, you woulnt do it?, lol 

Adams/Gordon/Cobb/Bryant/Graham/Monty

shyyyttt, Arod could throw for 6k and 60tds, we wouldn't need a D

MM will have a stroke not playing smash mouth like he loves, bring in Chip Kelly.

This isn’t madden 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:
1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Rumor has it Melvin is asking for $10m per. Yikes

Unless that's a short-term deal or highly incentivized, he's not touching that kind of money IMO.

Can't hurt to ask after seeing what other CB's are signing for.  That is probably 2x what he should get

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Can't hurt to ask after seeing what other CB's are signing for.  That is probably 2x what he should get

I mean, it's one thing to start out asking for $10M+, but looking at what guys like Aaron Colvin and Bashaud Breeland getting in the $8M range.  At some point, the contract demands need to come down and be more realistic.  I think if he asks for a deal in that $6M/$7M range, he'd be getting bites.  But as long as he's asking for a contract in that $10M range, he's not going to get very many teams to bite.

19 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Is he gonna play slot wr too? Haha. But yeah I might

$10,000,000/yr Jimmy Graham is going to play slot. We got like 22m due to 2 guys who were under 10 yards per reception last year. Idk, can't imagine we would miss Cobb that much. 

The Packers haven't landed a cornerback yet, but they've been actively involved in the market. They were in discussions with Bashaud Breeland, according to a source. Breeland went to Carolina on a three-year, $24 million deal.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fdemovsky_rob.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropRob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer

I would have done that Breeland deal tbh

20 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Speaking of FA bites, no word on any Burnett visits ??  I assume we would hear about visits ... yes ?

I saw something the other day where the Browns and Bears were interested in him but I haven't heard anything since.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Looked up the stats of Brice Butler UFA off DAL.

On the TV screen he looks like a fast guy with some playmaking ability. Point of note observation regards the stats is he's a 6 year guy thats coming from his second team - and his stats are flatlined - meaning theres no spikes. Nice YPC - but low receptions & yards.

Why is that?

Well on DAL at least he had frontline comp: Dez, Williams and Beasley - but - I'm of the mind that "talent forces itself on the field" - meaning, if somebody's got it, the Coaches will find a way to use it.

So - why hasnt Butler's talents been used (or accomplished) more?

Is he an undiscovered diamond in the rough (?) or is he what his stats say he is?

I dig him.  He's never had opportunity.  Should be a low risk kind of player, cost wise and has upside.

I'd argue, though, that it went Zeke, Dez, Witten, Beasley, Williams in the pecking order in Dallas.  Prior to Zeke, it was Murray.  They are a run-first team with good skill players.  It was tough sledding over there for even Williams to get the ball.

I don't view Butler in the same way I viewed Watkins, Richardson or Robinson, but I do view him as a great option to add to the depth chart.  At the right price, of course!

Archived