2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Yeah, I'd clarify that as insane.  An entire draft class developing faster and better than any class we've ever seen before?  Guys like Adams and Biegel going from rookies that showed little to nothing as rookies to difference making sophomores?  When was the last time a team see that sort of crazy and unrealistic development from a draft class?  Just as likely to have Kyler Fackrell develop into a 15 sack pass rushing demon.  While anything can happen, its highly unlikely and extremely unrealistic.  If that's what we need, we're screwed IMO.

Obviously no one was referencing everyone of those guys ( or others like Fackrell) developing into studs. One or two developing into a difference maker and others into solid contributors would go a long way.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

One, in 2015. They went 13-3 this year, you don't need any better QB play then what they had with that defense. They locked themselves into 3 more years of it.

They lost their OC though... everyone thinking they will just roll out of bed the same as last year need to look at the whole picture.

They lost their number 2 RB. Their starting RB is coming off a major injury. Chemistry has to worked on and established between Cousins and his WRs. The OC needs to prove he is a fit with all the pieces.

Plus adding Cousins and now Richardson makes next offseason interesting for them. Do they let Griffin walk? They have tough choices in their future. They are all in this year but it’s a gamble.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

Do you honestly think Keenum wouldn't be a drop off this year too?  That had all the makings of a career season.

Uh this is my point :)

I think it's silly to expect significantly better QB play in MN this year than they had last year. Keenum had a really good season. Better than all but one year of Cousins career.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't see it. Cousins is a more talented player than Keenum, that's evident. Diggs, Thielen, Rudolph, Cook is far better than anything Washington ever gave him to work with.

Agree.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

They lost their OC though... everyone thinking they will just roll out of bed the same as last year need to look at the whole picture.

They lost their number 2 RB. Their starting RB is coming off a major injury. Chemistry has to worked on and established between Cousins and his WRs. The OC needs to prove he is a fit with all the pieces.

Plus adding Cousins and now Richardson makes next offseason interesting for them. Do they let Griffin walk? They have tough choices in their future. They are all in this year but it’s a gamble.

I had completely forgotten that Shurmur left. That changes things. Their offense will still be productive though.

Just now, incognito_man said:

I think it's silly to expect significantly better QB play in MN this year than they had last year. Keenum had a really good season. Better than all but one year of Cousins career.

Right but you are making it out like signing cousins was a bad move.

Cousins at least has a chance to match or exceed keenum's production.  Especially since this is his best group of WRs he's ever had and the best team he's ever been on.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

Right but you are making it out like signing cousins was a bad move.

Cousins at least has a chance to match or exceed keenum's production.  Especially since this is his best group of WRs he's ever had and the best team he's ever been on.

Cousins is a top 10 QB. Hands down - and with the crew in MN - he could have a very nice year.

23 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Season's over march 16th, fellas. Wrap it up, we're onto 2019.

Nobody is saying this. Saying the VIkes have a better team than GB isn't saying GB won't make the playoffs. They should be one of the favorites for one of the 2 WC spots and as long as they have Rodgers playing a full 16 games, they'll have a shot at the division regardless of the talent gap

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Everyone's point is they just went 13-3 with that QB play, if it's the same you are still looking at an elite team.

1 minute ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Vikings have been drafting at the end of the first round for a while now and have been hitting on their picks hard anyway.

i agree with the QB part, but their drafting has been stellar until proven otherwise.

Yes, they have been hitting on their picks but they haven't picked at the end of the draft for 7 straight years like we have since 2010.  There have been 3 years in that time period where they picked in the top 10.  I hope we take advantage of our draft slot this year and acquire players who can truly make a difference, especially on defense.

I am always astounded by fans who fear the vikes, happens all the time though

I bet against the vikes winning the Super Bowl 57 years in a row and my bankroll stands at an even eleventy million dollars

I'll roll the dice again, betting against them and I'll collect again. Same as always. Meanwhile, scaredy- cat Pack fans will wax eloquently on about how improved they are, how good their players are, how awesome Zimmer is etc etc.

It won't matter - it never does. They've been the most talented team many times but they never put it all together and always find new and interesting ways to screw the pooch. Sometimes its a whiff from 27 yards, sometimes its a whiff from 39. Sometimes you wonder why they even ponder passing there, after all this ain't Detroit. 

Why waste a good diaper by loading it with purple-tinged soil ?

I do hope they have a decent season and knock off some of the other NFC challengers, but I ain't worried about minny being their at the end, they won't be

And Zimmer isn't signing guys like Richardson because he thinks he has an shutdown defense, he's signing Richardson because he watched Newton, Brees and Foles carve up his beloved defense at the end of 2017.

Archived