2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

4 minutes ago, salmar80 said:

Except he's holding out without a new deal. 

Gutey calling Arod: "Hey, Aaron. We could trade picks for a diva WR, but he will only play if he's paid more than you. OK with it?".
AR: "Mmmwhaaat? Is it April Fools already?"
Gutey: "No, it's totes real. Oh, but he'll get suspended for drugs and so won't get paid more than you!"
AR: "Are you off the wagon, Brian? You should see someone."
Gutey: "Oh, and you must take a discount on your extension..."
AR: ---CLICK---

You guys actually believe that Odell thinks he is going to get paid more than Rodgers? AB makes $17/mil per year, Odell is going to get $18/mil. Apparently we just offered Arob $14/mil and Fuller $14/mil. We have the money. You're telling me you would take Fuller or Arob for $14/mil but not OBJ for $18/mil. 

You're telling me that he is going to hold out until he is the highest paid player? Well he may as well retire then because that will never happen.  I am pretty sure he knows or his agent at the very least knows that will never happen. 

I don't feel strongly about pursuing OBJ either way. I doubt the numbers would work out (dunno: capology is not my thing) and it's hard to imagine they would want someone with his maturity issues around, but on the off-chance they were okay with both those things and dealt for him, I would not complain too much. I mean, yeah, him with Rodgers and Adams would be pretty frickin insane.

Packers should bring in OBJ for a visit. He can repair the hole he punched in the locker room wall while he's on- site

Then say "thanks" and send him back where he came from. Bye Bye dumbass....

He's a horrible fit in GB and both parties know it. End of story

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Packers should bring in OBJ for a visit. He can repair the hole he punched in the locker room wall while he's on- site

Then say "thanks" and send him back where he came from. Bye Bye dumbass....

He's a horrible fit in GB and both parties know it. End of story

So the guy cares about winning? Why is he such a horrible fit? I can't think of a better fit offensively to pair with Adams/Graham other than AB. You sure are blinded by hatred of a person you literally know nothing about as a human being

Trading Perry would cost GB around $15M in dead cap with the prorated SB that is remaining.  $3.7M x4 years.  Plus the roster bonus that was due on March 16

2018 Roster Bonus: $4.3M (due 3/16/2018)

Whoever puts out those tweets needs to do some homework first.  Giving up Perry and pick #14 would be an awful move.

6 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

You sure are blinded by hatred of a person you literally know nothing about as a human being

I see.

And yet your ability to assess my relative blindedness -  without literally knowing anything about me is OK in your world ? That's effing awesome

Thrilled to see we have another self-annointed omniscient on the board. This place never ceases to amaze

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Let's ask Aaron:

Aaron....how would you consider reducing your contract demands so we can buy you a new toy? 

I'm assuming his answer to this would be:

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......

no."

1 minute ago, Jaegybomb said:

Isn't the dead cap tradeable as well?

Yeah, I am confused as well.  I thought if you trade a player, their contract goes with them.  I never realized that the trading team still paid the bill.  Could you please explain?  Thanks!

Archived