2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

39 minutes ago, cannondale said:

In a recent interview Dorsey was kidded about being Green Bay East. He quickly corrected the interviewer. He lied

That being said, if Janis all of the sudden turns into a productive WR .........

If Janis turns into a capable WR it is because the Browns will run standard, schemed routes.  He couldn't  win on the iso routes in MMs scheme.  All he could do is run fast and straight.

Fackrell led the Packers with 354 special-teams snaps last season, while Janis was third at 247.  Fack is our new best STer.

26 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

If Janis turns into a capable WR it is because the Browns will run standard, schemed routes.  He couldn't  win on the iso routes in MMs scheme.  All he could do is run fast and straight.

Fackrell led the Packers with 354 special-teams snaps last season, while Janis was third at 247.  Fack is our new best STer.

May god have mercy on our souls...

I still have the crossing route Janis took for a TD in my memory. I'm not going to rant on letting him go, but let's be real about getting talent on the field.

For a team with the slowest WR in the league I can't believe Janis couldn't run a cross, slant or go

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

I still have the crossing route Janis took for a TD in my memory. I'm not going to rant on letting him go, but let's be real about getting talent on the field.

For a team with the slowest WR in the league I can't believe Janis couldn't run a cross, slant or go

I think we keep seeing a pattern repeating .. a failure by the Packers coaching staff to put players in a position to succeed.  They either play guys out of position, or fail to find packages for them to utilize their skills.  Now I'm not trying to say Janis had this great untapped potential, but there were some things he could have done to help on offense.  Smart move for him to bolt the Packers.

16 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think we keep seeing a pattern repeating .. a failure by the Packers coaching staff to put players in a position to succeed.  They either play guys out of position, or fail to find packages for them to utilize their skills.  Now I'm not trying to say Janis had this great untapped potential, but there were some things he could have done to help on offense.  Smart move for him to bolt the Packers.

Is it all on the coaches though? We all understand McCarthy’s scheme and how it’s based in the WRs winning their matchups but I feel the other major part of this discussion is Aaron Rodgers.

Aaron has gotten to the point where he only likes throwing to 2-3 people... Adams, Cobb and Jordy. How many games go by where he waits for one of them while Kendricks is running in the middle free or a back is open in the flat?

My point being I remember after Janis epic playoff game everyone thought... here we go. But that whole summer what was the narrative, he wasn’t on the same page as Aaron and Aaron can’t trust him. And if Aaron can’t trust you what good are you as a weapon on this team?

Just now, hornbybrown said:

Hey guys Browns fan here, what can you tell me about Jeff Janis? I have to be honest I have not heard of him

Very good special teams player, who never seemed to put it all together at WR.  He produced when given some opportunities ... even in a playoff game when he was forced into a starting role.  The coaches and Qb never seemed to trust him though, and his offensive opportunities dwindled the past few years.

Just now, hornbybrown said:

Hey guys Browns fan here, what can you tell me about Jeff Janis? I have to be honest I have not heard of him

I'm of the opinion that Janis could be a hell of a deep threat for a QB who isn't petrified of throwing an incompletion while playing for a coach that is willing to give him a chance.  That opinion isn't shared by many Packer fans, but Janis has shown some pretty significant flashes of ability.  Don't think Tyrod Taylor will be able to do much for Janis, so I don't know what the hell Jeff is thinking signing with the Browns. 

1 minute ago, hornbybrown said:

Freakish athlete, big, fast, good leaper.

Tough guy, physical, monster on special teams. Among the top 5 specials coverage guys in the league. 

Decent hands, not great.

Bad route runner, runs upright, very little wiggle, not deceptive, one speed guy. 

++++++

What you want to know:

Excellent special teams guy. Don't count on him for anymore than that. 

As a receiver, he's not horrendous vertical but that's about all he was able to do here. He needs to be running more digs out of the slot where his pure speed will let him run away from guys. 

Archived