2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I was pretty clearly taking a stab at Dez Norm, I hope you don't consider me that stupid lol.

I was pretty sure but just thought maybe you were half awake still and read it wrong lol

On 4/17/2018 at 9:27 AM, Packerraymond said:

If he's that soft, I'm glad he's going elsewhere. Fans for every team do that. I just think to say "I want to play Dallas twice" but then turn around and say there's "too much history" in GB is confirmation of something we all knew. Dez is a moron.

You think he was serious??

37 minutes ago, th87 said:

You think he was serious??

Why wouldn't he be? He's a FA. He can say whatever the hell he wants. It's not like he's rumored to be released by Dallas but still on the roster and someone asks him that.

Let me guess, you're going to say he wasn't being serious so you can use it against the FO when he doesn't sign here?

39 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Why wouldn't he be? He's a FA. He can say whatever the hell he wants. It's not like he's rumored to be released by Dallas but still on the roster and someone asks him that.

Let me guess, you're going to say he wasn't being serious so you can use it against the FO when he doesn't sign here?

All I ask is that our FO "tries." I want an offer on the table that is competitive. If Bryant chooses Flacco over Rodgers or Eli Manning over him or some other bum, fine, we tried. 

14 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

All I ask is that our FO "tries." I want an offer on the table that is competitive. If Bryant chooses Flacco over Rodgers or Eli Manning over him or some other bum, fine, we tried. 

I'm with you there. I think he would be a great addition to the WR corp at the right price. Packer fans seem to have an unusual amount of hatred for Dez though. Its odd. 

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

I'm with you there. I think he would be a great addition to the WR corp at the right price. Packer fans seem to have an unusual amount of hatred for Dez though. Its odd. 

It's mostly because he's never played for the Packers before and we just cut Jordy. If I see one more "why would we sign Dez when we just cut Jordy" quotes, I might reach through the screen. Baffling to me...

Those same people would rather have us sign James Jones right now over Dez. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

It's mostly because he's never played for the Packers before and we just cut Jordy. If I see one more "why would we sign Dez when we just cut Jordy" quotes, I might reach through the screen. Baffling to me...

Yea, I don't get it. I don't want us to pay him top WR money but if he would come play with AR for a year or two on a discount or a competitive wage I think he would really round out the WR corp. Not to mention it would make drafting a WR  much less of a priority allowing the team to concentrate on making the defense that much better. 

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If you're trying to insinuate that Dez is that much better than Jordy, I think you're wrong. Dez isn't much different right now. 

I'd like to see us low-ball Dez on an incentivized one year deal. Dez gets a lot of hate because he's an idiot, he's another Marty B that clearly doesn't fit the culture of the locker room. I'm willing to look past that for one year because if you're winning, there is usually a year or two buffer before the true turd nature of these guys comes out, call it a honeymoon phase. I don't want anything to do with Dez for more than this year though. Draft his replacement and bye bye.

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Dez gets a lot of hate because he's an idiot, he's another Marty B that clearly doesn't fit the culture of the locker room.

I’ve been as hard on Dez as anyone here, but I don’t really agree with this. Dez has a personality disorder that makes him over emotional. Bennett strongly believed in what it was he preached and ideologically never had much of a chance of working in an area like this long term. Dez doesn’t seem to be vested in the same kind of causes and really hasn’t ever done anything to be considered a locker room distraction that lingers. Prone to outbursts, but he always comes around.

54 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Nobody ever knows what anyone tries or has tried. It’s useless rhetoric.

1 hour ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I’ve been as hard on Dez as anyone here, but I don’t really agree with this. Dez has a personality disorder that makes him over emotional. Bennett strongly believed in what it was he preached and ideologically never had much of a chance of working in an area like this long term. Dez doesn’t seem to be vested in the same kind of causes and really hasn’t ever done anything to be considered a locker room distraction that lingers. Prone to outbursts, but he always comes around.

And those "outbursts" don't fit in with this locker room. You could say literally the exact same thing about Damarious Randall. Where is he?

Dez mentioned the Rams and Goff a few days ago

Translation: The Rams have signed a lot of guys to a lot of money. Gimme. 

"The Packers have too much history"

Translation: The Packers are cheap

He is after another payday. Pure and simple

Archived