2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Yes, Kendricks might be going to jail, but no one said he'd be going to jail in the next 6 months.

And who knows... they MIGHT let him off with paying a HUGE fine, probation and community service.

5 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

Martha Stewart spent time behind bars for lying about Insider Trading.   This guy made over a million in profits off his insider trading.  He could spend time behind bars this year.  I wouldn't waste a second on this guy unless we know what his future holds as far as sentencing.

Yeah Martha went to jail for lying and attempting to cover it up after being caught... also because the prosecutor wanted to make an example out of her (and they might with Kendricks).

But as far as I've heard so far (which isn't much) Kendricks didn't lie or attempt to cover it up after being caught (he did before being caught).

Also from I've heard, Martha has always deserved it... because she's always been able to get away and out of anything with only getting slaps on the wrist.

The Jags cut DE Carroll Phillips, who I wanted as an UDFA... he's very raw, but I thought he had some developmental potential as a rush LB. Though he also should of been playing better in college with the physical potential he has, so he might be hard to develop, but I just wanted to mention him as a possible future PS guy.

Pretty decent list of what's left out there. I'd be pretty happy with a few of these guys as a legitimate 4th rusher. Actually surprised Simon hasn't been linked to the Packers given our Indy connections (Philbin, etc.) and our recent acquisition of Morrison. Maybe after Week 1 and the vested contracts go by the wayside, Gute will make a move. 

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Pretty decent list of what's left out there. I'd be pretty happy with a few of these guys as a legitimate 4th rusher. Actually surprised Simon hasn't been linked to the Packers given our Indy connections (Philbin, etc.) and our recent acquisition of Morrison. Maybe after Week 1 and the vested contracts go by the wayside, Gute will make a move. 

Wonder if anyone on this forum has any inside info to share about whether 1265 is kicking the tires on any of these candidates...or others?

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Good.  We need him ready to help crush the Bears spirits even more in week two, and we can use that second round pick on an interior offensive lineman next year so that we can draft a pass rusher with our first two picks (or a pass rusher and an offensive tackle), or a pass rusher and safety in one, a tackle in two and an IOL in three. 

15 hours ago, packfanfb said:

That list is incredible uninspiring.

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Good.  We need him ready to help crush the Bears spirits even more in week two, and we can use that second round pick on an interior offensive lineman next year so that we can draft a pass rusher with our first two picks (or a pass rusher and an offensive tackle), or a pass rusher and safety in one, a tackle in two and an IOL in three. 

BPA tho

I would love to use both 1sts to move up to ~10 and get Gary or Clellin, or sit put and grab 2 guys. 

3 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

No way I’m personally giving up more than a 4th for Thomas when it’s blatantly obvious he wants out anyway but to each their own. Doing so pretty much means you’re giving up on one of HaHa/Jones. 

HHCD is a FA next year.  Just give Thomas that money...

Of course I'm giving up on HHCD for Thomas.  He wants a new contract from Seattle.  They wouldn't give it to him.  He wants a new contract from anyone.  He will want to be here if we offer a new contract.

What am I missing?  We have a chance to get a HOF player in his prime for a 1st round pick... that chance doesn't come around very often.

Archived