2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

7 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I've been to Green Bay twice, and relative to other places I've seen (and I've been to 38 states and I've lived in 7 different states), Green Bay has nothing to do.  That's just me being realistic, not insulting.  Green Bay is my type of town.  I would move there if it wasn't for the curse. 

I moved to Arizona before the Cardinals lost the Super Bowl, I moved to Colorado before the Broncos lost, I moved to North Carolina before the Panthers lost... Can't move to Wisconsin. 

Correct. I'm in Florida. Check with me before you make any decisions to move here! >:(

Apparently, you're the living and breathing embodiment of the lead character in The Cooler.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Thats cool and I wont question your opinion - but do what I just did and look up both Adams & Robinsons career stats.

Open up two windows and toggle back and forth checking / comparing production - which is what counts.

I personally dont see any "over Adams any day" differentials.

They look relatively similar - really similar - in which instance, my comment about Robinson being overpaid is incorrect. He's right there with Adams - and he just got Adams market rate.

Rodgers v. Bortles my friend....the fact that their stats are close just cements my position.

12 minutes ago, Chinaski_86 said:

Both Garafolo and Pellisero reported that the Packers had already reached out to the representatives for Graham. There were never any reports that the Packers did the same with Robinson or Watkins. Only reports that they "could" be interested.

Dont want to seem a killjoy - but I've never liked Graham - even when my dislike wasnt the "right" side of the road to be on because of his production. That production has declined - he's gotten older and slower - I'd prefer the GBPs go younger at the position and save their cash for the Defense.

BUILD UP that front 5.

Turn it into a constantly attacking force on the pocket. That will help ANY of our DBs immensely.  Hell, last year HHCD was lining up 50 yards off the LOS and dropping back further at the snap. Guess he figured the WRs would have enough time to get 70 yards downfield - might as well get there before they do. (That exaggeration....but you get the point).

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Rodgers v. Bortles my friend....the fact that their stats are close just cements my position.

Okay - but actually not. Adams had far more comp for receptions than Robinson. It wasnt until 2017 that he became WR #1 - in both yardage and targets.

It's irrelevant though. Statistically (and now contractually) they're the same player.

1 hour ago, ReadyToThump said:

I was thinking more short term, and with our current receivers/TEs we have signed. When it comes down to it, I just really want this offense to have a consistent threat at TE. 

I totally respect that stance. I think all of us Packer fans want that. We didn't realize how blessed we were having JMike until we lost him. He was one of those guys that kind of brought the true meaning of "Not knowing what you have until it's gone" to light for most Packer fans. I'm just not sure that Jimmy Graham is THAT guy, you know? I like him, always have. Just not sure he still has that IT factor. However, if he signs with Green Bay, I'll be completely ecstatic and happy that he came here and hope that I'm just over-thinking an easy fit.

40 minutes ago, Chinaski_86 said:

I didn't believe the rumors that we showed interest in Robinson. All Rapoport tweeted was "I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers show interest in Robinson
  and "the Packers could be interested" when it comes to Robinson. That's very different from "the Packers are interested in Robinson". 

I do believe the rumor that we're showing interest in Graham because we need help at the TE position. 

I never got too excited out the Robinson/Watkins news either ... figured it was an agent throwing the Packers name out there, or just something where the Packers called to check in with the player.  A guy like Moncrief would be more fitting for our cap situation.  Graham would be a nice add ... that would really help open up our offense.  

43 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I've been to Green Bay twice, and relative to other places I've seen (and I've been to 38 states and I've lived in 7 different states), Green Bay has nothing to do.  That's just me being realistic, not insulting.  Green Bay is my type of town.  I would move there if it wasn't for the curse. 

I moved to Arizona before the Cardinals lost the Super Bowl, I moved to Colorado before the Broncos lost, I moved to North Carolina before the Panthers lost... Can't move to Wisconsin. 

You should move to New England

Guys Dez will be coming on the market tomorrow according to a decent number of reports unless he takes a big pay cut, and they're changing the catch rules this offseason.

He's going to sign here and we'll play Dallas in the divisional round again. He'll have another flukey play but since the rule will change this off-season it will go his way this time, and we'll be able to troll Dallas fans with #Dezcaughtit forever.

And then we'll cut Dez because he's kind of a turd. This whole off-season is about getting back what's ours. I hope we have Suh in so Rodgers can step on him, bring Marty in for a visit, rack up a 4.6m dollar dinner bill, then dine and dash and most importantly we need all the defensive FAs because the Lombardi needs to be ours too. For that reason I don't really care too much we missed on ARob and Watkins.

30 minutes ago, Leader said:

Okay - but actually not. Adams had far more comp for receptions than Robinson. It wasnt until 2017 that he became WR #1 - in both yardage and targets.

It's irrelevant though. Statistically (and now contractually) they're the same player.

Robinson also saw the #1 CB.  Adams had coverage pulled away thanks to Nelson and Cobb.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Guys Dez will be coming on the market tomorrow according to a decent number of reports unless he takes a big pay cut, and they're changing the catch rules this offseason.

He's going to sign here and we'll play Dallas in the divisional round again. He'll have another flukey play but since the rule will change this off-season it will go his way this time, and we'll be able to troll Dallas fans with #Dezcaughtit forever.

And then we'll cut Dez because he's kind of a turd. This whole off-season is about getting back what's ours. I hope we have Suh in so Rodgers can step on him, bring Marty in for a visit, rack up a 4.6m dollar dinner bill, then dine and dash and most importantly we need all the defensive FAs because the Lombardi needs to be ours too. For that reason I don't really care too much we missed on ARob and Watkins.

Back to Back strong "first post of the day"s for you.

Robinson is a very good WR but he probably won't be ready to go until the season starts meaning he'd get 0 reps with AR in the offseason.  AR relies on knowing his receivers and trusting them.  Not easy to build that relationship when you can't practice.  I think passing on him even if he was available at 10 million/year is a good idea.  It's just too big of a question mark.  They need help on D.  

I also find it funny these FAs say that they need to find a QB and then sign with Trubisky and Mahommes haha. Just admit all you wanted was cash.

Hell Sherman too, yeah Jimmy G has the potential to be great, but I'm sure if you called GB, NE, NO they all need a CB and would've worked out a deal with you. Time is not on your side and the Niners roster is not SB level yet.

57 minutes ago, Joyride15 said:

Why is showing interest a bad thing? He ultimately didn’t sign either. Unlike TT, it seems like Gute is actually having the conversations to gain information even if he has the intention of signing the player or not.

Do you really believe Thompson didn't make the calls? The difference is Thompson let nothing slip. Institutional paranoia.

Archived