BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

6 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

I hate to say this because I love reading the work and the thought process behind the ratings. I hate applying these ratings to the players in the BDL database.

I don't see what makes your system better than ESPN or PFF or whatever else people want to use to rate players and decide how good they are? It just seems like a counterproductive thing to do. 

I get it man.  Rags had the same concerns about applying this grading system to BDL directly.  The plan was to keep it separated and then I read a post from Counselor about grouped position rankings.  So with what you and bcb are saying, I'll stop making the rankings public.

If anyone wishes to view them privately, just message me.  

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

So with what you and bcb are saying, I'll stop making the rankings public.

Oh I have no problem with public rankings, I like reading them and would use them as a resource if they fit my narrative for the week but I don't like adding them to BDL documents.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

I get it man.  Rags had the same concerns about applying this grading system to BDL directly.  The plan was to keep it separated and then I read a post from Counselor about grouped position rankings.  So with what you and bcb are saying, I'll stop making the rankings public.

If anyone wishes to view them privately, just message me.  

Last time an Orlando owner used private rankings, we got the GOAT gameplan from @pheltzbahr the following weeks.

More seriously, I like those rankings. I don't necessarily always agree with it. Like the love for Terrance Mitchell I don't get. But it's good to have another resource in addition to IRL stats, PFF and Madden grades

13 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Last time an Orlando owner used private rankings, we got the GOAT gameplan from @pheltzbahr the following weeks.

More seriously, I like those rankings. I don't necessarily always agree with it. Like the love for Terrance Mitchell I don't get. But it's good to have another resource in addition to IRL stats, PFF and Madden grades

Some people have more success covering a number 4 (Damion Ratley) than number 1 (Michael Thomas). Who would’ve thought that was possible?

13 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

You'll find names in this ranking system that have you scratching your head, just like every other ranking system does.  Like PFF had E. Flowers ranked fairly high in pass block....haha.  The one thing that I do like about this ranking system is that it is strictly stat based.  I do wish it included some additional stats, that nfl.com doesn't list, and that I had the time to include variables such as injuries, strength of opponent, etc.  Nonetheless, I think for what it is, it does a decent job of ranking.

When I evaluate game plans, I'm looking at what the players are doing currently rather than what they've done over the course of their career and this ranking system does that imo.

Should probably get some clarification on this.

I'm under the belief Alejandro Villanueva is a RFA next year (It's his 3rd year in BDL this season, expiring contract after this year) and to quote the OP

"Players in their 3rd year of the league with expiring contracts become restricted free agents: each owner has a chance to tag a player with a pick of its choice "

I always assumed 3rd year meant BDL 3rd year not NFL 3rd year so...

Is he eligible for RFA next year or am I being an idiot? 

39 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I'm under the belief Alejandro Villanueva is a RFA next year (It's his 3rd year in BDL this season, expiring contract after this year) and to quote the OP

"Players in their 3rd year of the league with expiring contracts become restricted free agents: each owner has a chance to tag a player with a pick of its choice "

It's 3rd year NFL. Every NFL player is in the BDL at the same time, they're just a BDL FA.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

That's an interesting question, but i would bet on idiot.

• Like 2