BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

With a other loss likely incoming this week I'm likely going to put a few people on the block.

Hit me up if you have interest in

Linval Joseph, Eric Kendricks, Jalen Mills (LOL), Shaq Thompson, Laken Tomlinson, Jesse James

For new Owners and old alike. Reminder: The Trade Deadline is November 1st like it is every year. It's a Thursday this year.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:26 PM, ny92mike said:

Myself and @Ragnarok will update the stats each week (either Tues or Wed).  If nothing else it will provide another ranking system outside of PFF.  It'll take a few days to get this ranking system tied to the BDL Player Database, but once done it should work pretty well.  We'll be able to provide some stat based team rankings and positional grades

I hate to say this because I love reading the work and the thought process behind the ratings. I hate applying these ratings to the players in the BDL database.

I don't see what makes your system better than ESPN or PFF or whatever else people want to use to rate players and decide how good they are? It just seems like a counterproductive thing to do. 

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:29 AM, WFLukic said:

9 - Hawaii Nightmarchers - (2-3)

After starting the year 0-3 with major panic alerts, the ship has been steadied as Hawaii heads into week 6 at a manageable 2-3 record. While not perfoming up to the lofty expectations placed upon it earlier in the year, it's managed to avoid injuries apart from Cam Robinson but will be relying on further luck if it wants to get into the playoffs. Although Portland are winless, they won't be easy beats that's for sure. 

I guess KJ Wright and Ziggy Ansah are chopped liver :ph34r::ph34r:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

I hate to say this because I love reading the work and the thought process behind the ratings. I hate applying these ratings to the players in the BDL database.

I don't see what makes your system better than ESPN or PFF or whatever else people want to use to rate players and decide how good they are? It just seems like a counterproductive thing to do. 

I agree with this. It's nice as a seperate sheet but should not be attached to bdl