BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

5 hours ago, PR said:

I did warn you.

And I did show you a link dated 10/15 stating he had been placed on IR, then sirA himself followed up saying it's not uncommon for a players IR designation to not have gone through yet on a short week like Denvers. 

Yeah Leary was all but on IR. I'd side with Camden having the claim go through in this instance just because the short week is literally the only thing which prevented it from being done sooner, but there's no short weeks in the BDL so it doesn't make sense to prevent it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Yeah Leary was all but on IR. I'd side with Camden having the claim go through in this instance just because the short week is literally the only thing which prevented it from being done sooner, but there's no short weeks in the BDL so it doesn't make sense to prevent it. 

Doesnt work like that. People hardline on "all but retired" all the time. Cliff Avril was on a team for a few weeks because he wasn't officially retired after a career b.c ending neck injury. You cant pick and choose when to interpret the rules.

Yeah but Avril still isn't retired now. Jay Cutler accepted a job as a commentator and then returned to play for the Dolphins. Avril could hypothetically do the same. 

There's a difference with this situation. Leary had a torn achilles - he was always going on IR and did literally the next day. It just didn't go through cause the Broncos had a thursday game. 

Edited by WFLukic
  • Like 1

You can't tell me Sunday night a full day after I submitted my game plan and two full days after it was acknowledged the short week of the Broncos was to blame  for his official designation that my waiver claim didn't go through. 

2 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Yeah but Avril still isn't retired now. Jay Cutler accepted a job as a commentator and then returned to play for the Dolphins. Avril could hypothetically do the same. 

There's a difference with this situation. Leary had a torn achilles - he was always going on IR and did literally the next day. It just didn't go through cause the Broncos had a thursday game. 

He was only able to release Avril because he hit his one year mark since he played. That's the point. 

Here, the transaction was not official via the NFL. We know Leary was headed there, but he wasn't there until Friday. That means he gets the waiver claim the next week. He was registered as inactive on the game day roster. I told that to JLash on the day of. SirA told him that the transaction would be delayed. JLash said to mind my own business. 

So, I have 0 sympathy for JLash in this situation. We are holding to regulations. If you want to change the rule during the off-season talks by all means.

15 minutes ago, PR said:

SirA told him that the transaction would be delayed

He sure didn't. He told YOU it wasn't uncommon for a team on a short week to still list a player as inactive after they've been put on IR in a short week.

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

You can't tell me Sunday night a full day after I submitted my game plan and two full days after it was acknowledged the short week of the Broncos was to blame  for his official designation that my waiver claim didn't go through. 

I will be gracious and accept you playing someone not on your roster for the simple reason that whichever scrub you're starting can't guard Tyrell Williams.

But honestly if we don't accept the Maddox start Jlash should at least have the opportunity to put another player in his line-up 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

How so....he's still in year 1.

Nope, this is his second year in the NFL.

Don't just assume because he wasn't actively playing last year (outside of 1 game) that his rookie season wasn't used to develop him into the player we are seeing on display during his sophomore campaign. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Nope, this is his second year in the NFL.

Don't just assume because he wasn't actively playing last year (outside of 1 game) that his rookie season wasn't used to develop him into the player we are seeing on display during his sophomore campaign. 

Sorry, year 1 as a starter. You can't be a one year wonder if you're on the bench for 15 weeks.