Madden 19

MacReady

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

You are correct, you cannot see anyone beyond the last pick selected.  Also annoying, it tells you that you made a terrible pick on every selection because it says you're selecting every pick with the #1 overall pick regardless of what pick you're using.  For example, if you select someone 17th overall, and he was the 12th highest rated player in the draft, it says you "reached" because it thinks you took him #1 overall.  

I had that yesterday in every pick I made except for one.  Where do you see the last pick selected?  I couldn't even find that. 

2 hours ago, showtime said:

This is my first year playing MUT, so I don't know how it works.  These cards that are out right now (all of them) suck.  At some point they will start releasing cards with like 99 speed, 99 catching, etc.  The super rare cards.  I wonder, when does all of that start?

It's very easy to get a crazy good team on here by just playing the game.  Lots of grinding, but it's not that bad. 

Also, the solo challenges, etc never go away like they do in other games.  So you have all year to do them and can do them at any time.

Those cards start coming out around Christmas. All of the cards you see now will be under 20k by November. Which is why I have no issues paying like 20k right now for base elites that'll be worth nothing later, but I'm not going to pay 30k or above for a card that I'll use for 2 months and then it's completely obsolete. 

At this point, there's plenty of gold cards that outperform base elites, and there's almost no ROLB 3-4 pass rusher cards worth getting unless you can really find a DeMarcus Ware for cheap. I'm basically rolling with a Ravens base elite or power up squad right now, with a few exceptions from pack openings.

I don't think companies like this can focus on improving game play and adding rich features to a game.  Speaking of NBA 2K, that game is jam packed with very rich features, but the game play has literally gotten worse and worse over the years.  2K18 was a straight up garbage game online, it's worse than Madden is.  Madden 19 has improved game play vs previous Madden games, but lacks rich features.

I can't speak on FIFA, but maybe that game has it right.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Those cards start coming out around Christmas. All of the cards you see now will be under 20k by November. Which is why I have no issues paying like 20k right now for base elites that'll be worth nothing later, but I'm not going to pay 30k or above for a card that I'll use for 2 months and then it's completely obsolete. 

At this point, there's plenty of gold cards that outperform base elites, and there's almost no ROLB 3-4 pass rusher cards worth getting unless you can really find a DeMarcus Ware for cheap. I'm basically rolling with a Ravens base elite or power up squad right now, with a few exceptions from pack openings.

Well, if you play the game online and are competitive with it, you have to invest in the cards.  I agree, though.  I'm not going to invest in anything right now because, as you said, they will be worthless in a few months.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Well, if you play the game online and are competitive with it, you have to invest in the cards.  I agree, though.  I'm not going to invest in anything right now because, as you said, they will be worthless in a few months.

That's the bad thing about MUT usually is that ultimately you end up facing people who just buy all the best cards at any given point in time and stack their team to death, and so there's literally nothing you can do unless you spend all of your coins doing the same thing. Then MUT just becomes about when to buy/sell cards at the right time to stay competitive, which I don't like.

Nothing worse than facing guys who run 1 formation/play all game long with Jerry Rice, TO and Randy Moss 3 weeks after the game is launched.

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

You are correct, you cannot see anyone beyond the last pick selected.  Also annoying, it tells you that you made a terrible pick on every selection because it says you're selecting every pick with the #1 overall pick regardless of what pick you're using.  For example, if you select someone 17th overall, and he was the 12th highest rated player in the draft, it says you "reached" because it thinks you took him #1 overall.  

What are you playing on? I'm playing on PS4 and they seem to have patched the glitch that showed every player as the number 1 overall pick already. It was doing it for the first few days I was playing but now it shows the actual spot they were drafted.

17 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

What are you playing on? I'm playing on PS4 and they seem to have patched the glitch that showed every player as the number 1 overall pick already. It was doing it for the first few days I was playing but now it shows the actual spot they were drafted.

Xbox.  Did you start a new franchise mode?  Cause I'm still playing the same one I started on launch day.

43 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't think companies like this can focus on improving game play and adding rich features to a game.  Speaking of NBA 2K, that game is jam packed with very rich features, but the game play has literally gotten worse and worse over the years.  2K18 was a straight up garbage game online, it's worse than Madden is.  Madden 19 has improved game play vs previous Madden games, but lacks rich features.

I can't speak on FIFA, but maybe that game has it right.

Can speak for Fifa and its even worse than Madden in terms of improvement over the year. Gameplay gets worse and worse and everything outside of FUT isn't getting a whole lot of new stuff each year besides some licensing things.

27 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Can speak for Fifa and its even worse than Madden in terms of improvement over the year. Gameplay gets worse and worse and everything outside of FUT isn't getting a whole lot of new stuff each year besides some licensing things.

Thank you.  It's interesting because I'm not a big FIFA player at all, but the game looks so fun.  I was watching a video where a FIFA vet was going off about FIFA 19 pretty much being the same game as 18 and even worse in some cases.

It's crazy to me because FIFA and 2K were always praised for their great game play, yet both of those franchises are both going downwards in those regards.

Archived