Madden 19

MacReady

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Xbox.  Did you start a new franchise mode?  Cause I'm still playing the same one I started on launch day.

Yes I did. 

They still haven't fixed the issue that happens when you push square (or X on Xbox) to end negotiations with a player though.... It's not that bad when you're playing an offline franchise... Just an annoying little box that shows up but if you're playing a cloud franchise it crashes and takes you back to the main Madden menu.

Edited by rob_shadows

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Anybody on XBONE want to get clapped? None of my friends play this version of Madden.

Quote me and I'll DM you.

I’ll let you whoop me once one a while. I’m 1-0 online over the last like 6 years so I hope you’re ready for this undefeated champ 

55 minutes ago, showtime said:

Thank you.  It's interesting because I'm not a big FIFA player at all, but the game looks so fun.  I was watching a video where a FIFA vet was going off about FIFA 19 pretty much being the same game as 18 and even worse in some cases.

It's crazy to me because FIFA and 2K were always praised for their great game play, yet both of those franchises are both going downwards in those regards.

The EA NHL series is the same way... It use to be a great hockey game... Completely destroyed the 2K hockey series but lately it hasn't been nearly as good.

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

Not Ultimate Team

If you like playing online you’re just gonna have to decide if you’ll play enough to get your money’s worth or if you’ll skip it for a year. Obviously you can’t just keep playing last years game if you’re looking for online competition

If you’re strictly a franchise player though, you might keep your money and just roll with roster updates for M18. No idea how long they keep the community files available once a new madden rolls out though. 

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Thank you.  It's interesting because I'm not a big FIFA player at all, but the game looks so fun.  I was watching a video where a FIFA vet was going off about FIFA 19 pretty much being the same game as 18 and even worse in some cases.

It's crazy to me because FIFA and 2K were always praised for their great game play, yet both of those franchises are both going downwards in those regards.

The games are all fun to just play casually and enjoy yourself with some friends and such. If you want to go deeper and really want to improve you will see with every sports game that there is a limit because the games are so RNG driven. You can pass the same ball 10 times and almost everytime there will be a different result/animation. People are also expecting more and more of games like these because they are diving in the Esports world but even with a 100% clean connection there are certain things that will be random and that's something that will never leave sports games because IRL every play has a randomness.

And then there is the biggest thing and that is that there really is such a diverse player base that you can't make a game that fits the needs for everyone. On the internet you basically always see the outer edges of that player base. 

Edited by Justone2

Getting caught in animations is really annoying sometimes. Like getting spun around then stumbling backwards like 8 yards in that stupid "tripping save" minigame. I've never seen that happen in a real game, ever lol. 

51 minutes ago, Dome said:

Getting caught in animations is really annoying sometimes. Like getting spun around then stumbling backwards like 8 yards in that stupid "tripping save" minigame. I've never seen that happen in a real game, ever lol. 

Yep, and I also can't stand that breaking a tackle or not has essentially been turned into rock, paper, scissors.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Yep, and I also can't stand that breaking a tackle or not has essentially been turned into rock, paper, scissors.

You mean the “tackle battle” or whatever it’s called? Yeah it’s a terrible mechanic 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I just realized that unlike last year the Heisman winner is not guaranteed to have the Superstar dev trait

That kinda sucks.. It was kinda nice knowing at least one player that would have it.

Yeah, from what I've seen there isn't anything to know who is gonna be a superstar. Seems like it is more tied to draft rating as early 1st round picks have more of a chance of being Super Stars (rare like they should) or Stars. This is just my franchise experience and not reading anything online to see. 

Even though they pin the interesting stories about the draft unlike previous where if you didn't see who won Heisman that week you didn't get it. 

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS