Madden 19

MacReady

57 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Dude loses a madden game and shoots up the mall, jesus

I'm going to take a guess and say that it doesn't really have anything to do with him losing in the tournament.  He went on a mass shooting spree and then killed himself.  Again, I'm just guessing, but this seems like something that was probably planned before he even went to the tournament.

All tragedies like this are beyond terrible, but this has hit even more at home for me because it was just because of the gaming environment.  I love esports and can only imagine how awesome it must feel to be invited, much less actually attending, something like this.  And for this to happen during that experience?  

Obviously not allowed to say much more but this got to me.

RIP for the lives lost.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, showtime said:

I'm going to take a guess and say that it doesn't really have anything to do with him losing in the tournament.  He went on a mass shooting spree and then killed himself.  Again, I'm just guessing, but this seems like something that was probably planned before he even went to the tournament.

I agree.. probably had it all planned out and would of did it if he won as well. Really strange that your "warm up" is a game of madden though. 

R.I.P. to those who lost their life and my deepest condolences to their families. 

Hopefully the scumbag rots beneath. 

Is grinding through the "campaign" mode the only way to get a reasonable starting team in MUT? My team is like a 73 overall and doesn't perform well in the other challenges at all.

BTW first time playing MUT, I avoided it like the plague in previous iterations.

9 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Is grinding through the "campaign" mode the only way to get a reasonable starting team in MUT? My team is like a 73 overall and doesn't perform well in the other challenges at all.

BTW first time playing MUT, I avoided it like the plague in previous iterations.

Yeah that’s what i did. Towards the end they start throwing you some elite packs. Once you finish the campaign i would run the rookie gauntlet as that will net you two 87 players. I haven’t spent any money and have gotten my team to an 83 over the past several days. The Gatorade players are good but you can make some decent coinage off of just making sure you are completing your daily and weekly objectives. 

1 minute ago, Cheesehawk said:

The Gatorade players are good but you can make some decent coinage off of just making sure you are completing your daily and weekly objectives. 

How do you upgrade these players? I did the JJ Watt Gatorade challenge and got the card, along with what I assume are a couple of power-ups? However I don't seem able to access those upgrade items the same way I do with my other players.

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

How do you upgrade these players? I did the JJ Watt Gatorade challenge and got the card, along with what I assume are a couple of power-ups? However I don't seem able to access those upgrade items the same way I do with my other players.

Yeah the Gatorade players are a bit different. Go check out the Gatorade section under sets. You need to add your base Gatorade card plus Gatorade collectibles to upgrade. 

29 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Yeah doing the campaign helps a lot. You get a lot of players and packs from it. I would recommend doing it and then every gold player you get, if you're not going to keep them, put them into the Gold upgrade pack and eventually you'll work your way up to an Elite player which you can then flip on the Auction House for some coins to get players you want. That's what I did and ended up with slightly over $400,000 coins doing it with no awesome elite card openings.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah doing the campaign helps a lot. You get a lot of players and packs from it. I would recommend doing it and then every gold player you get, if you're not going to keep them, put them into the Gold upgrade pack and eventually you'll work your way up to an Elite player which you can then flip on the Auction House for some coins to get players you want. That's what I did and ended up with slightly over $400,000 coins doing it with no awesome elite card openings.

I should have that much but I keep buying players to add to the Diamond Sets, which is probably a bad idea since I have no idea how long those cards will be viable. 

8 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

I should have that much but I keep buying players to add to the Diamond Sets, which is probably a bad idea since I have no idea how long those cards will be viable. 

IMHO, it's never a good idea to invest that much early on. Diamond players will probably be average-tier players once November/December roll around and right now literally everything is overpriced. It's better to save your coin right now and just take base elites or the Campaign Heroes and form your team that way than it is to invest so much into the Diamond Sets.