Madden 19

MacReady

8 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The competitive state of this game is still absolutely a joke in M19. Couldn't sleep this morning so I watched some of the Jacksonville games - specifically Kiv/Manu and Dubby/Tweezy. Both games the only defensive plays I saw ran were Dime Strike 2 and the 3-3-5 Odd Cross Fire stuff. And then on offense everyone's just running Gun bunch or Trips TE.

So what?  Why is this a problem?  Madden has pretty much always been like that depending on the player.  Most guys throw the ball and run the same plays over and over again.  When it's a mirror match like that, the better player will win.  How do those guys win?  Because they're really good at the game and they can make key stops at key moments. 

It's a chess game and very highly skilled.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

So what?  Why is this a problem?  Madden has pretty much always been like that depending on the player.  Most guys throw the ball and run the same plays over and over again.  When it's a mirror match like that, the better player will win.  How do those guys win?  Because they're really good at the game and they can make key stops at key moments. 

It's a chess game and very highly skilled.

LMFAO.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dome said:

I had NCAA 05 or 06 and there was a pitch or stretch play with Reggie Bush were the DE wouldnt contain the edge and Reggie could beat any LBer in the game to the edge EVERY TIME. 

I remember running that play against the CPU over and over and over and over again. You’d put up like 70+ points and Reggie would get 3-4 hundred yards each game. 

Good times lol

Yeah you had to manually control online to stop that when you saw that formation. Pretty sure I know what you're talking about. 

All the nano blitzes and everything else. What a mess. 

I had 2k2 NCAA on dreamcast. So easy to glitch against PC. 

Madden 95 I could drop 100 doing broken **** on all Madden.

John elway football on NES. Wr reverse 

Bo Jackson on tecmo SB. I could run to the one and back to opposite 1. Still get back and score.

They never really figured this out lol and I dated myself there

6 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

And this is why I will continue to contest that Rocket League is the closest thing to a real sport we have in eSports right now. 

Its the only sports game where every movement, pass, shot, clear, or save is precisely calculated by the user. 

And i agree with that for sure but the main thing in that game is that they don't have a "real" sport they are trying to mimic so they can do whatever they want and you have no AI influence whatsoever which also helps a ton.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

I've seen people say this isn't true, but it actually is.  If this is possible in a game, then people are going to try and do it.  But mostly, it's about picking the most broken and overpowered stuff.  For example, in Madden, people are going to play with the best team possible in a competitive series.  In Dota 2, League of Legends, Smite, etc people are going to play with the strongest characters they can and buy the most OP items they can buy.  In Call of Duty, people are going to find the loadout that is the most overpowered and use that.

That's how games work on a high end competitive side and that's always how they will work.

This is exactly what i mean if there is only a 1% by choosing a certain weapon over another every single player that wants to win will take that weapon. And while you can say it is not exactly exploiting the game mechanics in the purest form it still comes down to the same thing and that is giving yourself the highest chance. What i do want to add however is that games like those are usually better to watch because the team element makes it more tactical and not just seeing the same things happen time after time.

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

This is exactly what i mean if there is only a 1% by choosing a certain weapon over another every single player that wants to win will take that weapon. And while you can say it is not exactly exploiting the game mechanics in the purest form it still comes down to the same thing and that is giving yourself the highest chance. What i do want to add however is that games like those are usually better to watch because the team element makes it more tactical and not just seeing the same things happen time after time.

I agree.  That's just the nature of competition.  As far as your last point, that's why MOBA's are so popular to watch.  They are probably the most team oriented game you could play and due to the nature of a picks/ban phase the games drastically change all the time.  Not to mention with items and different roles, you can play a character two times and they will be completely different both times depending on different factors.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

That guy is the reigning Madden champion.  You have no chance to keep the game close against him.  Like literally 0%.

And? As long as you know what plays he runs from Gun Bunch it's over and if you can stop the 3-3-5 Odd Cross fire. He's a bad user on both sides of the ball and just relies on flat routes and pressure. That's it. 

Just like when Problem was winning a couple years ago literally all he did was 4 verts and inside zone with a cover 2 glitch blitz on defense. These dudes are mainly all one trick ponies who don't know how to play outside of their one trick.

• Like 1

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And? As long as you know what plays he runs from Gun Bunch it's over and if you can stop the 3-3-5 Odd Cross fire. He's a bad user on both sides of the ball and just relies on flat routes and pressure. That's it. 

Just like when Problem was winning a couple years ago literally all he did was 4 verts and inside zone with a cover 2 glitch blitz on defense. These dudes are mainly all one trick ponies who don't know how to play outside of their one trick.

How is he a bad user player and you know his whole game plan, yet he's coming off of winning the biggest Madden tournament in the world and is one of the most highly respected pros?

24 minutes ago, showtime said:

How is he a bad user player and you know his whole game plan, yet he's coming off of winning the biggest Madden tournament in the world and is one of the most highly respected pros?

That's an extremely low bar lol I've seen him play, he acts like a ******.

And yeah, generally speaking the pro scene for Madden is garbage and just filled with wannabe glitchers running the same recycled Youtube crap.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

That's an extremely low bar lol I've seen him play, he acts like a ******.

And yeah, generally speaking the pro scene for Madden is garbage and just filled with wannabe glitchers running the same recycled Youtube crap.

They win though. Problem would destroy anybody on this forum, easily. Is there style annoying and glitchy? Absolutely. But at the end of the day, if you're trying to make money off Madden, it's all about winning. It's not their fault EA has atrocious gameplay. 

3 hours ago, Norm said:

Yeah you had to manually control online to stop that when you saw that formation. Pretty sure I know what you're talking about. 

All the nano blitzes and everything else. What a mess. 

I had 2k2 NCAA on dreamcast. So easy to glitch against PC. 

Madden 95 I could drop 100 doing broken **** on all Madden.

John elway football on NES. Wr reverse 

Bo Jackson on tecmo SB. I could run to the one and back to opposite 1. Still get back and score.

They never really figured this out lol and I dated myself there

Madden 08 for PC you could score on kickoffs any difficulty like 75% of the time on all madden. Was awesome, you could build a team around kick returns and FGs lol 

32 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I just realized that you can create a punter, make all his attributes 99, and start him at punter, kicker, and...... Quarterback...I feel like I must do this at some point.

In older versions of madden your punter sucked at place kicking and your kicker sucked at punting regardless of attributes. I’m sure it was to prevent this.

maybe you can do it now.

might try tonight lol