Madden 19

MacReady

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

They win though. Problem would destroy anybody on this forum, easily. Is there style annoying and glitchy? Absolutely. But at the end of the day, if you're trying to make money off Madden, it's all about winning. It's not their fault EA has atrocious gameplay. 

Real talk.

They win though. Problem would destroy anybody on this forum, easily. Is there style annoying and glitchy? Absolutely. But at the end of the day, if you're trying to make money off Madden, it's all about winning. It's not their fault EA has atrocious gameplay. 

This is fair, but I wouldn’t call them good madden players. Theyre obviously very skilled and dedicated gamers, and that’s a very cool way to make money but if all they’re doing is abusing a broken part of the game color me unimpressed honestly. 

imho tbh 

• Like 3

Just now, Dome said:

This is fair, but I wouldn’t call them good madden players. Theyre obviously very skilled and dedicated gamers, and that’s a very cool way to make money but if all they’re doing is abusing a broken part of the game color me unimpressed honestly. 

imho tbh 

Winning is winning.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

This isn't even a debatable topic.  If you won't call professional Madden players good players then who is a good player? 

I would say they are good at playing the game of Madden. Which doesn't automatically means they have more knowledge of the game of Football or the strategy behind it but when i comes to knowing what plays are more effective and how they can use those to the highest level they 100% are best at the game that is Madden.

5 hours ago, Dome said:

imho tbh 

The thing is though at that level you have to separate the game and the sport. They are the best at playing the game which entails finding the best plays for them and excecuting those to the highest standard. Does that make them good at the sport of Football or more knowlegeable no way but when it comes to the pure game of Madden yeah they are the best because they don't look at it as Football but instead look at it from the standpoint of which mechanics are there and how can they use it to their advantage.

10 hours ago, Dome said:

Madden 08 for PC you could score on kickoffs any difficulty like 75% of the time on all madden. Was awesome, you could build a team around kick returns and FGs lol 

How do I not remember this

40 minutes ago, Norm said:

How do I not remember this

As soon as the ball left the tee you took your lead blocker and moved him to the sideline. When you caught the kick you would sprint to the cluster of blockers ahead of you then l hold left trigger for a moment and then cut towards the blocker on the sideline

it would screw up AI bad enough that you could bust them off REALLY often lol 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Justone2 said:

The thing is though at that level you have to separate the game and the sport. They are the best at playing the game which entails finding the best plays for them and excecuting those to the highest standard. Does that make them good at the sport of Football or more knowlegeable no way but when it comes to the pure game of Madden yeah they are the best because they don't look at it as Football but instead look at it from the standpoint of which mechanics are there and how can they use it to their advantage.

No I get all that. It’s just doesn’t impress me as a truly great all around madden player would. I wouldn’t call someone a great chef because they know how to make a single dish better than anyone else but those other food was mediocre.

im much more impressed by the guy that can whoop you for 2 quarters, swap controllers and dig his way back out. Someone that you can force them into other playbooks without their broken plays and they’ll still be competitive, you can limit formations and they’ll still move the ball or stifle your offense by knowing what to call and their stick skills 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah, and I think ultimately (IMHO) what separates them from anyone else is that they don't get tired of running the same stuff over and over and over and over again. Even if it's not working. They will not switch or adjust their schemes. That's where the difference is, I think. Normal people get tired of calling the same defensive play every single time - but not the pro players.

10 hours ago, Dome said:

imho tbh 

Yeah they've mastered glitches and that's about it. The one thing I've always been impressed with with Problem is his stick skills. His schemes are never the best, but his user and stick are the best in the game.

I don't think glitches is the correct word here. Maybe a glitchy blitz every now and then. However, these pros can read Man Coverage, Cover 2, Cover 3, etc pre snap easily. All of them. And they have plays to beat all of then, just like real life football. And until you can prove you can adjust and stop one play, they are going to keep running it. Why would they stop? 

I haven't played Madden competitively in a long time, since Madden 12. Have two jobs, bunch of side projects, and a girlfriend. I only play Madden and like one-two games a week. But I made a lot of money Madden 10, 11, and 12. Bssically ran Singleback Bunch with about 7 plays. Had a couple zone beaters, couple man beaters, a high percentage ten yard first down play, and the HB Draw in that formation was absolute money and set all my plays up. Ahhh I miss those days. I suck now lol. 

30 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don't think glitches is the correct word here. Maybe a glitchy blitz every now and then. However, these pros can read Man Coverage, Cover 2, Cover 3, etc pre snap easily. All of them. And they have plays to beat all of then, just like real life football. And until you can prove you can adjust and stop one play, they are going to keep running it. Why would they stop? 

I haven't played Madden competitively in a long time, since Madden 12. Have two jobs, bunch of side projects, and a girlfriend. I only play Madden and like one-two games a week. But I made a lot of money Madden 10, 11, and 12. Bssically ran Singleback Bunch with about 7 plays. Had a couple zone beaters, couple man beaters, a high percentage ten yard first down play, and the HB Draw in that formation was absolute money and set all my plays up. Ahhh I miss those days. I suck now lol. 

Nah this is cool and fair game. 

I've seen videos on youtube, and it sounds like people here were kinda referring to the same thing, where plays are just broken. Some motion or formation shift and all the sudden the AI is broken and a route or running lane is open EVERY time. They have 1 play sometimes 2 that they spam. Or a single blitz that brings instant pressure like 90% of the time. Those are the guys I'm referring to. 

It's fine on the competitive scene where you're just using a game to get the highest score possible. But the experience of playing against someone like that in a random 1v1 game (which i almost never play anymore), when I'm looking for a football experience out of my football game is pretty terrible.

Edited by Dome

Glitches are 100% the right word to use here, because it's going outside of how the game is intended to be played. 3 man blitzes where 1 guy comes through a gap every single time is a glitch. The whole looping thing where you basically rush 4 guys but the looper comes free every single time is a glitch. You're not overloading a side. You're not doing anything except exploiting AI that's not programmed to adjust to anything.

They don't have plays that beat all of them, they have 1-2 plays - one designed to beat zone and one designed to beat man, that they cycle through repeatedly all game long. That's it. And that's the thing - a lot of these guys even if you stop them for 1 drive, or 1 quarter, or 1 half they're not going to switch plays or schemes, they're just gonna keep running the same **** all game long, which means you have to keep running the same **** all game long, which makes the game boring AF.

I played competitively from Madden 09 - 13 and never just ran one formation or only a couple of plays and I was always consistently in the top 25 on Xbox and winning tournaments. I can't afford to put that much time in now because of those same things you mentioned (FT job, girlfriend, etc.) but every year I watch briefly to see if there's someone emerging who doesn't just run the same recycled crap everyone else does and every year it's all the same stuff - guys running 1 formation on both sides of the ball and the only way people play defense is sitting in one look that either brings glitch pressure or doesn't.