Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

14 minutes ago, marky mark said:

Under normal circumstances, I 'd say they should have a problem getting a 3rd round return on Thomas, even at his age (28).  But given that he's set to earn $10.5m this year and is out of contract after that, which means a team trading for him is likely committing to either extending him immediately without seeing how he fits into their defense or running the risk of having to tag/extend him at Berry-or-better money ($13m+ AAV adjusted for inflation), that's kind of shifting leverage to the buyer's side.  And this is coming from someone who feels as though fans overvalue draft picks and the majority of safeties in the league are average-to-slightly-below and there are only a few elites that truly stand out.

7 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Under normal circumstances, I 'd say they should have a problem getting a 3rd round return on Thomas, even at his age (28).  But given that he's set to earn $10.5m this year and is out of contract after that, which means a team trading for him is likely committing to either extending him immediately without seeing how he fits into their defense or running the risk of having to tag/extend him at Berry-or-better money ($13m+ AAV adjusted for inflation), that's kind of shifting leverage to the buyer's side.  And this is coming from someone who feels as though fans overvalue draft picks and the majority of safeties in the league are average-to-slightly-below and there are only a few elites that truly stand out.

Um, yes. Please. Earl Thomas for one of our 3rd round picks - the compensatory pick gained from AJ Bouye.

I'd totally do this. 

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

But what do they do with that Pepper guy?

I'm a Michigan fan to preface. Peppers and Derwin can move around, both play the slot, Derwin drop to dime backer. They'll find a use for all of them

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

The league doesn’t want this to happen. Brees to Graham = money

I'm so tired of the 'the league hates us' narrative 

'The league' doesn't care if you sign a washed up TE who is constantly injured and who is drawing little interest from other teams. 

Archived