Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Why do Rams fans and Eagles fans have such a beef? You guys don't seem like rivals to me yet.   ...although I have a feeling this is going to be the new NE-IND rivalry.

Because Minnesota fans here are too reasonable, if we had some of these Salty Boys here we'd probably have more fun teasing them 

I think there was a lot of disagreement about stuff last offseason between some of us, I wasn't a part of it so don't remember what it was about.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

rams vs eagles could make for a great thanksgiving game

could be good

If I would guess, I'd say sunday night game in October or November.

It's one of the 5 biggest games next year, so they would probably make it it's own landmark game.

Per Roto:

The Boston Sports Journal's Greg Bedard passes along word from a "Bill Belichick-friendly source" that the longer Rob Gronkowski goes without committing to the team, the chances of the Patriots trading him increase.

This is pure speculation, but it isn't the first time we've seen it, as MMQB's Albert Breer hinted at it as well in a piece on Thursday. Both Breer and Bedard are ex-Patriots beat writers with plenty of connections to the team. Gronkowski has yet to inform the Patriots of his 2018 plans, and some think Belichick could use that as fuel to trade the star tight end, who may be tiring of playing at a massive discount in New England. Bedard mentions the 49ers and Rams as suitors should Gronkowski become available. 29-year-old (in May) Gronk is the fourth-highest-paid tight end at $9 million per year and has two years left on his deal.

I wonder what kind of compensation will be offered for Gronkowski? When healthy he's one of the most dominant players to ever live, but the pay cut nonsense will be over now. A team will have to give up something big to get him and then I'm assuming also give him a fat fat extension. It'll be an NFC team for sure and I'll guess it's a 1st straight up or maybe a swap of 1st rounders if the team has a high enough pick.

The bigger reason he is underpaid (other than the idea that he took a discount for the Pats) is that salaries at each position will be tied to the leverage the franchise tag gives. There is no TE close in value to Gronk, so working up from the top X salaries and growing from there... Gronk would have been steal for many years regardless.

Rams give Gronk the 23rd pick and dominate. I’m dead serious. I don’t know how interested the Rams are but I know that the Rams were interested in Eifert before he resigned with the Bengals and McVay loves to use 2 tight ends sets in which the tight end position is a big factor in his scheme. Think of Reed and Davis in Washington when McVay was there. Gronk plus Everett could be perfect. Maybe the Rams could trade Higbee and get a late pick for him. Then the Rams wouldnt have to pursue OBJ and Gronk would be a lot cheaper. Plus if Gronk wants Hollywood then there is no place like LA.

I’ll also add when Snead was in Atlanta he saw Dimitroff trade for Gonzalez to help a young Ryan out. That worked out just fine until Gonzalez decided to retire. So this would not only be a McVay type of move but a Snead type of move too. Goff needs a vet tight end that is reliable especially as Everett continues to develop.

So new rule now seems to basically be that any big name players become available on the trading block, Rams automatically are the "most logical and realistic" team.

Lol LA fans. Im legit happy for yall. I like your team (Im not as high on Goff as some as in i dont believe he will be a top 5 player, but top 10). But their team is just a lot like mine in that Roseman and Snead are both like-minded GMs who also happen to be two of the best in the NFL at their jobs. Same with McVay and Pederson. Their coaching styles are a bit different. But really no coach is like Doug, tbh. He doesnt have his own "offense" or scheme that he implements and sticks to. His philosophy, which is genius btw and should be emulated by every up and coming offensive coach, is to never be married to any scheme. He runs as many as 5 different blocking schemes a game in his rushing plays, he will let his QBs and coaches come to hik with ideas and will run the best ones regardless of whether or not its "his". McVay, though I cant say too much on because Im not super familiar with his offense. If any Rams fans could explain id be interested to kno

28 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/rams-rumor-los-angeles-possible-trade-partner-patriots-rob-gronkowski/amp/

Gronk to Rams is heating up. Hopefully it happens. Will cost a lot less and Gronk will be a better fit than OBJ in my opinion. 

It seems more like dot connecting to me. Much ado about nothing imo. But I won't be upset if we swing a trade for Gronk. As long as he doesn't do anymore of that dirty crap.

So because NE is questioning his desire to play, another team is just gonna offer up big compensation to him? That's crazy, a team should rightfully not offer much since they don't know what his head is thinking either.... Less then the Patriots.

4th rounder, no extension discussed.

Archived