Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

10 minutes ago, tom cody said:

And Mayfield did go #1. Bit of a surprise there. Wonder if we see any trades made today, Day 2, of the draft. 

Oh, we'll see trades. Question becomes how many trades. Lot of value to be had on the board.

It was a good draft weekend. Guess the focus now becomes on getting things ready for the season and getting all the draft picks signed to their new teams. Also do we see any major player movement? I think a big name or 2  could be on the move. 

Raiders are trying to unload WR Seth Roberts. With Cooper, Nelson, Bryant, Switzer, Ateman (promising 7th rounder), and a few other young guys, Roberts is very expendable. I wish we traded him for a conditional 7th. He is such a waste of a starting spot and doesn't really do anything well besides block. 

Please take him someone.

Baker Mayfield's agent says he was informed during the pre-draft process that the Patriots considered moving up to No. 2 to select his client.

The plan would have, of course, been contingent on the Browns passing on Mayfield at No. 1. The Patriots were connected to collegiate quarterbacks throughout the spring, most notably Louisville's Lamar Jackson. The Pats had two first-round selections, but at Nos. 23 and 31, they weren't the kind of ammunition that would get you into the top five. The Pats would have had to sell the farm to even have a chance at making the necessary move for Mayfield, and even then it might not have been enough. The takeaways are that the league loves Mayfield and that the Pats are aggressively looking to life beyond Tom Brady.

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

According to the Jets GM after taking Darnold, I'm guessing?

Fer sure. That's the Grand Tradition of General Manager Cover-Thy-Butt Speak- Well, we missed out on Aaron Rodgers, yes, when the Packers drafted him one pick ahead of us, BUT, we ended up with The Guy We Really Wanted All Along, in Ted Blunderfutz, quarterback from Terre Haute Teachers' College!

What I wouldn't give just to hear ONE GM be honest, one time: "OH MY GOD!!!!- The Browns took MAYFIELD?!?! @#$%!!- Our entire DRAFT STRATEGY was based on our drafting Baker Mayfield!!- And now..............................Jeeziss, guess we'll have to go with Darnold!..... What? What is it, Joe- Look, if you got something to say, just come right out and say it! Whattum I saposta do?? We're pickin' Number Three, know we need a quarterback; YOU know we need a quarterback; THE FANS know we need a quarterback----------- Who was the last decent quarterback we had? Freakin' Joe Namath?? And that was what, forty-million years ago?? Aaaaaaaaaaah! Darnold it is, I guess!" (weary sigh of utter defeat

Image result for Joe NamathImage result for Mike Maccagnan Christian Hackenberg

30 minutes ago, bzane said:

Fer sure. That's the Grand Tradition of General Manager Cover-Thy-Butt Speak- Well, we missed out on Aaron Rodgers, yes, when the Packers drafted him one pick ahead of us, BUT, we ended up with The Guy We Really Wanted All Along, in Ted Blunderfutz, quarterback from Terre Haute Teachers' College!

What I wouldn't give just to hear ONE GM be honest, one time: "OH MY GOD!!!!- The Browns took MAYFIELD?!?! @#$%!!- Our entire DRAFT STRATEGY was based on our drafting Baker Mayfield!!- And now..............................Jeeziss, guess we'll have to go with Darnold!..... What? What is it, Joe- Look, if you got something to say, just come right out and say it! Whattum I saposta do?? We're pickin' Number Three, know we need a quarterback; YOU know we need a quarterback; THE FANS know we need a quarterback----------- Who was the last decent quarterback we had? Freakin' Joe Namath?? And that was what, forty-million years ago?? Aaaaaaaaaaah! Darnold it is, I guess!" (weary sigh of utter defeat

You're like an internet Bill Walton.

usa_today_9913001.0.jpg

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

According to the Jets GM after taking Darnold, I'm guessing?

I actually heard he was number 1 on their board prior to the draft. I think Kiper/McShay podcast indicated that he would be the pick over Mayfield / Rosen if the Browns passed on him. 

Archived