Bowser's Mock 5.0 (I may have lost count)

BowserBroncos

I'd be very surprised if the 49ers went wide receiver in the first round. Personally, i don't think that any of them are worth a top ten pick in this draft, but more to the point, while our receivers aren't world beaters by any means, they are perfectly acceptable at this point, and the staff seems to like them. It's just not a big enough area of need, particularly with how often we incorporate our FB/HB and TEs into the passing game. We distribute the ball around quite a bit. There are just far too many more pressing needs than wide receiver at this point to take one in the top 10 in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, DistantRam said:

If Vea falls to us, I think we’ll see 70 year old Wade Phillips himself sprint up there to hand in our pick. 

That's okay. You don't have to worry about Wade hurting himself. If Vea is there at #20, he probably is a better fit with a hybrid 34\43, NT\DT in Patricia's defense since we don't have a NT. Hurst is worth a top 20 pick, and if we purely needed a 43 UT he would be great. And if Vea wasn't available I would be sort of okay with him as their 1st round pick, but it would essentially limit Patricia to using more 43 looks rather than the hybrid scheme that he's known for using.

Archived