Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

4 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Denver is going to take Josh Allen, if we don't, in my opinion.

Elway was at the Bowl game where Allen went off with his rocket arm. He's not Paxton Lynch or Brock Osweiller, who are uncoordinated giraffes with a questionable love for the game. He's a prime specimen of a QB in terms of size, athleticism and arm talent (physically, excluding the accuracy element). 

I think Elway will have enough confidence in himself that he'll believe he can personally nurture Allen and make it pay off in a year. They're from the same sort of neck of the woods too, aren't they? And have an ungodly arm in common.

Elway had a completion % of 56.9 for his career...47.5% in his first year.

Maybe a 56%ish 2nd tier college % won't scare him?

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Different game.

Back then a CB didn’t get called for PI if he sneezed on a WR.

Validating @Aztec Hammer

Sort of like Dorsey seeing memories of Farve past while McCloughan whispers thoughts of a "smaller Farve" in his ear and Haslam still thinking he was right on picking Manziel.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Validating @Aztec Hammer

Sort of like Dorsey seeing memories of Farve past while McCloughan whispers thoughts of a "smaller Farve" in his ear and Haslam still thinking he was right on picking Manziel.

Eh, if a QB could do it then they can do it now. The game has only gotten easier for them. Less hits, less hands on their WR’s.

Even Favre’s best statistical year was later in his career when the newer rules were in place.

If we get a smaller Favre, we just won the draft.

Doesnt matter imo, we’re taking Darnold.

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, if a QB could do it then they can do it now. The game has only gotten easier for them. Less hits, less hands on their WR’s.

Even Favre’s best statistical year was later in his career when the newer rules were in place.

If we get a smaller Favre, we just won the draft.

Doesnt matter imo, we’re taking Darnold.

Thought this was about Elway taking Allen?

The parallel to my allegorical post.

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

they also sent a scout to watch Isaiah Oliver at Colorado's pro day.

My number 2 corner in the draft

I think hes going to be a stud once he gets to the pros

so much length and natural ball skills I'm a huge fan 

I don’t think we will draft Barkley and it’s going to suck. However, I think we really want Bradley Chubb. We wanted to trade for Bennett and Quinn. Which tells me the FO wants a guy to bookend Myles. Chubb tested very well at the combine and he has production as well.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t think we will draft Barkley and it’s going to suck. However, I think we really want Bradley Chubb. We wanted to trade for Bennett and Quinn. Which tells me the FO wants a guy to bookend Myles. Chubb tested very well at the combine and he has production as well.

My thoughts as well I’m thinking they want to build a top 5 Dline and hope that elevates the secondary 

On 3/5/2018 at 2:24 PM, Mind Character said:

IMO It's a guarantee QBs go 1, 2, 3, and 4 if Kirk Cousins goes to the Vikings.

Teams NEVER wait around to take their QBs in years where top QBs are available.

I laugh ridiculously when I see people saying the Giants, a team/organization that never expects to be this high in the draft again for 10 yrs, is going to pass on a top QB in a QB rich draft when their QB is well into the back 9.

The Colts and Chris Ballard are desperate for quantity of talent & Ballard comes from the Dorsey school of "get a RB latet." Someone will make them an offer they cant refuse especially because they could get a huge offer from say the Jets to go from 3 to 6 and still get their nonQB impact player.

We'll likely do the same and trade down 1 spot with the Broncos or 2 spots with tje Jets by pressuring them into thinking some other team (Dolphins, Cardinals, etc) is coming up to 4 for the final QB1. This will especially be true if we pass on Sam Darnold at 1.

If I had to guess, the top 6 selections will be.

1. Browns - Mayfield // Darnold

2. Giants - Darnold // Allen

3. Jets - Rosen // Rosen

4. Broncos - Allen // Mayfield

5. Colts - Barkley // Chubb

6. Browns - Chubb // Barkley

^^^^^^^ QBs coming off the board the first 4 picks is a guarantee imo.

Thank you for the thoughts always enjoy your posts.

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As long as we draft a LEGIT FRANCHISE QB at #1 overall, I'll let @LETSGOBROWNIES do whatever he wants with Pick #4, meaning that we won't get Barkley, but will any of us really care if we get our guy at QB?

Darnold or bust for me.

ok well maybe there’s some wiggle room but not really.

Rosen - will be more than fine with that after five minutes. I’ve bought into us having a big QB that can also move and do damage outside the pocket, but I’ll buy into Rosen’s refined game pretty quickly.

Allen - will hurt a lot but I’ll talk myself into it. It’s as boom or bust a number one pick as you can make.

Mayfield - would be disastrous for me personally. You can quote me and hold it against me when he proves me wrong... I’ll be more than happy if that’s the case because it will mean he’s a success for us. I think he’s in for a rude awakening and has little to no realisation of just how different the game will be in pros when he has to operate in something resembling a muddy pocket.

Archived