The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

16 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

He's probably around 225-230 now, he and some of his teammates came to one of our last pee wee practices in October to talk to the kids, and he's definitely not skinny.  He was mostly used out wide this year, drove me nuts they didn't put him in motion more to create mismatches.  Was real hard to take down in space too, they should have schemed him more WR screens given our limitations at QB.

A few years ago when they were still running some Wing T concepts, they had another TE there who also went D1, and those 2 TE sets were cheat codes to go with a D1 RB and 2 D1 OL.

...and yet the GWOC was so loaded that they were a 4-6 win team. CRAZY.

Like you said, the QB limitations on that team with the talent they have/had were just unfortunate for them.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Is this the kid you guys are talking about?

Not gonna get my hopes up but, god, do we need a TE lol.

Yep, wherever he goes i'll be rooting for him, genuinely a great kid. The rumor mill could be wrong, but i've heard LSU is pretty much a done deal.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Is this the kid you guys are talking about?

Not gonna get my hopes up but, god, do we need a TE lol.

Wisconsin has had some dudes from my area/our area go there like Danny Davis, and IMO, you're looking at a lot of those MSU and UC guys now going to Madison with Fickell's recruiting pipeline base. He'd be a nice get for a lot of teams IMO.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Wisconsin has had some dudes from my area/our area go there like Danny Davis, and IMO, you're looking at a lot of those MSU and UC guys now going to Madison with Fickell's recruiting pipeline base. He'd be a nice get for a lot of teams IMO.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect to pull this kid though based on looking at who is visiting this weekend. We've got a Utah TE commit and some TE from Washington state coming in. Don't think they'd have two random TEs visiting if they felt good about pulling him to Madison.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect to pull this kid though based on looking at who is visiting this weekend. We've got a Utah TE commit and some TE from Washington state coming in. Don't think they'd have two random TEs visiting if they felt good about pulling him to Madison.

Me either. Like I said to @THE DUKE, I think a lot of area coaches and fans were higher on him the last few years than your local recruiting talking heads based upon his rise.

About a year ago, Charlotte was his only real offer, along with App State.

Then, because Fickell is well connected to the area and does his due diligence, he was able to see this kid and offered, with Auburn following suit.

He went from a low composite 2 star to a high 3 star with a 0.8778 rating per 24/7.

https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Jackson-McGohan-at-Miamisburg-281621/RecruitRankHistory/

https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Jackson-McGohan-at-Miamisburg-281621/RecruitRankHistory/?history=top247

This one I think is even more telling...he was a 2 star under 10 months ago.

You can see what those summer workouts did for him from a stage/standpoint of exposure.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Me either. Like I said to @THE DUKE, I think a lot of area coaches and fans were higher on him the last few years than your local recruiting talking heads based upon his rise.

About a year ago, Charlotte was his only real offer, along with App State.

Then, because Fickell is well connected to the area and does his due diligence, he was able to see this kid and offered, with Auburn following suit.

He went from a low composite 2 star to a high 3 star with a 0.8778 rating per 24/7.

https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Jackson-McGohan-at-Miamisburg-281621/RecruitRankHistory/

https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Jackson-McGohan-at-Miamisburg-281621/RecruitRankHistory/?history=top247

This one I think is even more telling...he was a 2 star under 10 months ago.

You can see what those summer workouts did for him from a stage/standpoint of exposure.

Chance Fitzgerald, a WR from Tennessee, was exactly the same way. Pretty sure all, or at least the majority, of his P5 offers came over a 3 week period during his senior season.

• Like 1

Also, recruiting sites really don't know **** about prospect evaluation. I watched an interview with Clint Cosgrove on Badgers Blitz and he self admittedly said that prospect rankings rise based on offers. So that's why I don't put too much emphasis on what their star rating is. I want to see them and see what tools are there and their level of competition in HS.

Chance Fitzgerald, a WR from Tennessee, was exactly the same way. Pretty sure all, or at least the majority, of his P5 offers came over a 3 week period during his senior season.

You'd be surprised how many times this is the case with 3 and 4 star kids who don't go to camps before their senior season. That was the case with Robert Landers at Wayne (DT for OSU). He had like 1 offer from WVU because he never went to a camp, his coach basically brought him along to a free camp where colleges would be there, and offers started just pouring in.

We had a kid from my alma mater get an offer from Nebraska, which triggered an offer from their arch-rival Oklahoma, which triggered an offer from Ohio State.

...he was a career 4 year special teamer at OSU, but went from being a MAC kid to Ohio State bound within 36 hours.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

You'd be surprised how many times this is the case with 3 and 4 star kids who don't go to camps before their senior season. That was the case with Robert Landers at Wayne (DT for OSU). He had like 1 offer from WVU because he never went to a camp, his coach basically brought him along to a free camp where colleges would be there, and offers started just pouring in.

We had a kid from my alma mater get an offer from Nebraska, which triggered an offer from their arch-rival Oklahoma, which triggered an offer from Ohio State.

...he was a career 4 year special teamer at OSU, but went from being a MAC kid to Ohio State bound within 36 hours.

Yep. It's stuff like this that makes development key. I mean, FFS, based on ratings, Wisconsin's last few teams should've been some of their best ever. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yep. It's stuff like this that makes development key. I mean, FFS, based on ratings, Wisconsin's last few teams should've been some of their best ever. 

A.J. Hawk was a 3 star recruit.

Sauce Gardner was a 3 star recruit.

• Like 1