The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I think my favorite thing about NIL and the transfer portal is that coaches can't just get lazy and keep holding kids hostage anymore and that they have to continually recruit them. Love seeing them so pissed off at it lol. 

Yes, this is directed at the turds Jimbo and Dabo.

Frankly, it's not like those guys (particularly Dabo and Clemson) weren't paying players before NIL. Now, the players have more leverage.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He signed with Oklahoma. High school kids, man.

Lol Wisconsin had a kid do that. Decommitted after PC was fired, committed to Arizona this weekend and then signed yesterday with Wisconsin after all. Said he just woke up and knew he was signing with the Badgers. To be 18 lol. 

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

He signed with Oklahoma. High school kids, man.

I mean, I think it was apparent to everyone that something was up.  He was committed to Notre Dame since January, and pretty much everything up until that point had pointed towards him flipping to Oklahoma.  And then he "committed" to Oregon.  As soon as that LOI didn't get sent to Oregon by the end of the day, we knew something was going down.  Apparently his QB (Jackson Arnold) had already been committed to Oklahoma, but also his GF was committed for Oklahoma soccer.  The Oregon thing just seemed so overly random.  And from the lone video I've seen, I didn't even see an Oklahoma hat.  I know there was a rumor floating around late last night that somehow the Oklahoma hat had gotten left at home.  Don't know if it's true or not.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, I think it was apparent to everyone that something was up.  He was committed to Notre Dame since January, and pretty much everything up until that point had pointed towards him flipping to Oklahoma.  And then he "committed" to Oregon.  As soon as that LOI didn't get sent to Oregon by the end of the day, we knew something was going down.  Apparently his QB (Jackson Arnold) had already been committed to Oklahoma, but also his GF was committed for Oklahoma soccer.  The Oregon thing just seemed so overly random.  And from the lone video I've seen, I didn't even see an Oklahoma hat.  I know there was a rumor floating around late last night that somehow the Oklahoma hat had gotten left at home.  Don't know if it's true or not.

Maybe he just doesn't know the difference between the two states.🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I hope the kids get whatever they want whenever they want tbqh

I mean, if they get paid, great, but earn it. You haven't done a thing for your school yet to warrant a payday prior IMO. At least enroll in classes and go sign some autographs lol. Some of this **** I'm reading is ridiculous. Apparently Rashada is trying to back out of his Florida NLI bc he was supposed to get 13 million before he even got to campus and that supposedly isn't going to happen. Not a fan of that but I'm usually the minority in these discussions so whatever 

30 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I mean, if they get paid, great, but earn it. You haven't done a thing for your school yet to warrant a payday prior IMO. At least enroll in classes and go sign some autographs lol. Some of this **** I'm reading is ridiculous. Apparently Rashada is trying to back out of his Florida NLI bc he was supposed to get 13 million before he even got to campus and that supposedly isn't going to happen. Not a fan of that but I'm usually the minority in these discussions so whatever 

I don't believe the $13 million for a second. But there's some stuff going down here. Don't know which side is causing the problem. Either ways, it's a bad look, and I'm over it. It's too bad it sounds like Walker Howard is trending to TCU. I'd much rather us grab him than continue with these games.