The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

I wonder why that happens though.

I know there's camps and 7v7 tournaments that cause off-season rankings to fluctuate but yeah, I find it weird that they move so much when no real football is being played. Maybe MWil can elaborate more bc he's coached high school football and might know the process more. Hell, Bryce West fell from like a top 20 prospect to hovering around 70 in the last month. Not sure he's even participated in any of those events either lol. I bet most of them just do it to stay relevant in a dry season for them. Gotta keep those clicks coming in

12 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I know there's camps and 7v7 tournaments that cause off-season rankings to fluctuate but yeah, I find it weird that they move so much when no real football is being played. Maybe MWil can elaborate more bc he's coached high school football and might know the process more. Hell, Bryce West fell from like a top 20 prospect to hovering around 70 in the last month. Not sure he's even participated in any of those events either lol. I bet most of them just do it to stay relevant in a dry season for them. Gotta keep those clicks coming in

I’m not an expert, but a lot of those rankings are more of a gauge as opposed to being accurate to the point of a draft big board. A lot depends on what camps guys are going to and what stuff they participate in.

For example, when we coached against Robert Landers (DL OSU) as a junior, we couldn’t believe that he was a low level scholarship offer guy, and he was a guy who just wasn’t on the radar yet because he didn’t show up to camps, until someone saw him and offered and then a cascade of offers came pouring in.

You have the opposite of that in Josh Myers who was a YouTube and workout/camp sensation to go with the raw measurables from his sophomore season onward.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I’m not an expert, but a lot of those rankings are more of a gauge as opposed to being accurate to the point of a draft big board. A lot depends on what camps guys are going to and what stuff they participate in.

For example, when we coached against Robert Landers (DL OSU) as a junior, we couldn’t believe that he was a low level scholarship offer guy, and he was a guy who just wasn’t on the radar yet because he didn’t show up to camps, until someone saw him and offered and then a cascade of offers came pouring in.

You have the opposite of that in Josh Myers who was a YouTube and workout/camp sensation to go with the raw measurables from his sophomore season onward.

Appreciate the insight and it kinda coincides w/ what I was thinking. I would like to think actual football would mean more so we will still see major fluctuations as the seasons progress later this year but camps, 7v7, and 11v11 still have some merit. It makes sense

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

There is something about Raiola that rubs me the wrong way lol Maybe its his constant changing of teams back to his freshman year of highschool or maybe it's his personality that seems to be a blend of Russel Wilson and Baker Mayfield.

I don't about this guy man 😭

Edited by AkronsWitness

56 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

There is something about Raiola that rubs me the wrong way lol Maybe its his constant changing of teams back to his freshman year of highschool or maybe it's his personality that seems to be a blend of Russel Wilson and Baker Mayfield.

We dodged a bullet with this dude. 

4 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

That's so damn cringey lol

You think that is cringy you should have seen Nebraska fans and following this kids every move this last week.

Living in Omaha I was getting post after post of updates on his every movement. Super creepy and cringe worthy fan base on how they followed they kids every move 

18 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

16 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

That's so damn cringey lol

16 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Shame on Nebraska for letting this kid wear Tommie Frazier’s #15. That’s an absolute disgrace.

• Like 1