The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

9 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Didn't he flip a 4* RB this cycle?

One of the fastest players in the country, Dylan Edwards. Anybody who thinks Deion won't recruit at Colorado is a fool.

23 hours ago, mse326 said:

Do these CBs think Deion is going to be teaching them? If he is spending enough time with them that they'd get any benefit he isn't doing his job. No HC spends that much time with a position group on technique or film study with all they other stuff they need/should be doing

Cormani is a headcase. Truth is that he was looking for any reason not to go to Miami. He just needed to find an opportunity that could offer him and his family similar money. Can't really blame him on that. (My headcase comment has more to do with his immaturity and dishonesty.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, broncosfan07 said:

The belief that CU is loaded with NIL money is amusing. Couldn’t pay Rice, Blackmon or Gonzalez a year ago yet supposedly we can now outbid other schools.

They certainly aren't flush but with Deion there they get more national exposure than they otherwise would and that means the players are more valuable. So more of the advertising type NIL will come in, though not more booster type. I don't how much more, or if it is enough to actually make a difference, but there will be some more nonethless.

On 1/21/2023 at 1:07 PM, broncosfan07 said:

The belief that CU is loaded with NIL money is amusing. Couldn’t pay Rice, Blackmon or Gonzalez a year ago yet supposedly we can now outbid other schools.

It's Prime's connections with the NIL money.  You think Jackson State had $6 million to pay Travis Hunter last year?  

14 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

This kid is 14 or 15 years old

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/16619589/6359cbcc386d9c0c1c32a9e5

Gonna make 8 figures when he hits college. Someone will bring out the Brinks truck for him

Showed better pocket presence in the first minute of the highlights than most college QBs I've seen.

Goddamn.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Holy ******* **** if this is true.......

Someone convince me a kid who's never played a snap in college football is worth this.... half of this..... a quarter?

Mentally, multiply by 5 and consider that the complete QB room, amortizing the signing bonus, and you get about $13MM/year in total expenses for the QB room.

I haven't found recent figures on Florida's total football budget (and it wouldn't come out of this pool, so it's not a fair comparison), but apparently they budgeted $140MM in 2021.

So the Gators are willing to spend about 10% of their football budget on a QB. That's pretty consistent with the range from NFL teams, who spend somewhere between 5-20% on the QB room, depending on whether they have a rookie or not. The Derek Carr/Jimmy Garrapolo types get about 10%.

For a different point of reference, the highest paid head coaches make $10-12MM/year. So putting it a different way, Florida thinks their total QB room is only slightly more important than the HC.

None of this seems insane. High? Yeah sure. But within the realm of "the market is trying to figure out how far to go" not "we've all lost our minds".

17 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Holy ******* **** if this is true.......

Someone convince me a kid who's never played a snap in college football is worth this.... half of this..... a quarter?

So, assuming he goes pro after his junior season and factoring in 12 months a year:

$11,499,999.92

...and Florida does not have an income tax

He should major in business and use the magic of compounded interest as a 21 year old to never have to work another day in his life if his NFL career never pans out.