The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

18 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

So where does Ewers transfer to? 

I assume he starts all of this year, and if he blows it up like he should, he’s the guy next year and goes pro after a Manning RS.

TBH I think it would be the most Texas thing ever for either Sark to get fired after the 2023 season and Manning to enter the transfer portal too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I assume he starts all of this year, and if he blows it up like he should, he’s the guy next year and goes pro after a Manning RS.

TBH I think it would be the most Texas thing ever for either Sark to get fired after the 2023 season and Manning to enter the transfer portal too.

Or the more likely scenario is that they stumble their way into an 8-4 season this year and get absolutely blasted in their bowl game, and then hit 5-7 the following year and Sark gets fired.  Ewers' stock never recovers, and Manning doesn't play a meaningful game as a Longhorn.

On 6/23/2022 at 11:55 AM, MikeT14 said:

So where does Ewers transfer to? 

With his mullet, Coastal Carolina would be a great fit. 

Probably starts and declares in 2023 or transfers then. 

Ohio St for the lulz would be great. Realistically, who knows? I wanna say another big school would jump, I also wanna say he would've left 2 major programs with nothing on tape and would need a smaller program rehab job. 

On 6/23/2022 at 12:17 PM, CWood21 said:

It's gonna be amusing when Texas isn't even bowl-eligible this year.

They will be better than last year clearly, Bjian is arguably the best RB in the nation or one of the best, Billingsley is poised to have a much improved year, Worthy is one of the best deep threats in the nation and has huge upside and Whittington is not bad either not to mention stealing Agiye Hall from Bama who has great upside.  On D they got Collins, Ojomo and Coburn who could be a solid DL and Overshown who is a stud LB and Ryan Watts transfer from Ohio State could be very good.  Not to mention the Big 12 is not going to be amazing or something.  

Has any school got the #1 QB recruit and #1 overall recruit in the nation in a time span of three years and they both play the same position?  Granted Ewers transferred but still, it is pretty nuts Manning decided on Texas.  Sure Sark has a decent QB record most recently of course with Mac Jones but still surprising he got Ewers and now Manning together that just does not make much sense Ewers as a RS SOPH in 2023 and Manning as a FR and doubt he would be a RS FR but who knows.

Sark's QB record is decent but not sure how much credit he can really take for Carson Palmer, Palmer was more a Norm Chow thing I think but who knows.

Carson Palmer
Matt Leinart
JD Booty
Mark Sanchez
Jake Locker
Keith Price
Cody Kessler
Tua Tagovaiola
Mac Jones

Granted Manning will probably decommit in October or something.