The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

10 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Sounds like some QB committed to TN that is also getting an 8 million dollars NIL deal? Sheesh.

Who would be the all-time highest paid recruit or transfer if NIL was around since the 90s?

The amount of money that Vince Young would have received is insane.

12 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Sounds like some QB committed to TN that is also getting an 8 million dollars NIL deal? Sheesh.

This doesn't seem insane to me. At face value, sure, but TN is a football school that makes $140MM/year. Obviously it's not the same pool of money so it's not a fair comparison, but NFL teams have shown they'll spend $50MM/year on the right QB at a $200MM/year salary cap+inflation. Depending on how you model when the kids graduates/transfers, it's something around $2MM/year.

Let's say at any given time a major program could have 5 QBs total who are big time NIL recruits, that'd be $10MM/year. I bet at least half the schools in the top 25 at any given point in time could afford that.

12 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Who would be the all-time highest paid recruit or transfer if NIL was around since the 90s?

Definitely a QB, so out of HS it's either going to be someone from a big program that's a 5* and has a legendary HS career like Kyler Murray, Justin Fields, Trevor Lawrence or someone like that. And for transfers, the obvious one is Cam Newton.

19 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He's doing well enough riding the coattails of his brothers too. Good for him!

He's doing well enough, yeah, but he's not doing 40 million well enough lol. That is obviously an assumption but he will get paid, that's for damn sure. Just hope it's not an elephant that's doing it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

That is terrifying 

W/ that size and speed, do you try to keep him as a DE or develop him into something more? Kid seems like a good athlete so I'd assume he can catch and it's fairly easy to see where I'm going here.

Would be interested in opinions from those who have coached at some points of their lives b/c this screams TE to me.... an uncoverable TE.