Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

I’m thinking Nelson might be he best option over Bitonio at LT

but if Hubbard is as good as they say at RT I think we’ll at least be ok

Trade down with Buffalo looking more likely we can get MikeMc at pick 22 possibly if we want him 

Only thing I know about about Carrie next Oakland fans have been crying corn DB depth 

I can say this 

we will be MUCH better next season and that is exciting 

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

TJ Carrie isn't a bad player. He's a 3rd stringer on most teams. It's just weird that we seem to be stockpiling nickel corners.

We have a void at our starting two cornerback spots and then:

____?____   ____?____   Briean Boddy-Calhoun   TJ Carrie   Terrence Mitchell   Jamar Taylor   Howard Wilson

I hope Josh Jackson miraculously falls to pick #33. That'd take care of one corner spot. And then we can grab MJ Stewart at pick #63. Also bring back Jason McCourty who can bounce between being an outside corner and a FS backup.

McCourty fills one, and hopefully our haul from the Kizer trade can fill the other and we pick up the honey badger to play S.

2 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Did you watch us try to defend the pass at all last season?

ill take every warm body we can get at CB

No matter who plays DB its going to be massive cushions if gregg has his way

I don't get what Dorsey is doing with the secondary. Loved the addition of Randall. Mitchell is fine too. But now Carrie as well? At that price? We need a legit starter, not so much depth, especially at those prices.

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’m thinking Nelson might be he best option over Bitonio at LT

but if Hubbard is as good as they say at RT I think we’ll at least be ok

Trade down with Buffalo looking more likely we can get MikeMc at pick 22 possibly if we want him 

There are no great LT prospects this year. There are a few "possibles" in Williams (short arms), Miller (inconsistent), and O'Neill (raw lunger), but no sure-fire guys. McGlinchey is a RT all the way. He got worked over badly when he faced speed. Not going to be helpful to have a slow-footed LT when breaking in a new QB.

Quinton Nelson is not a LT. It's never going to happen. That scenario can end right now because it ain't happening!

Shon Coleman is the new LT. Here is our OT depth chart and I don't see this changing after the draft or FA:

LT: Shon Coleman/Donald Stephenson (Grade: C/C+)

RT: Chris Hubbard/Roderick Johnson (Grade: B+/A-)

we'll take our lumps this year with a LT, but I'm sure as hell not taking a guard with a top 10 pick and moving him to LT to try and solve the problem! And Nelson is literally my highest graded player ever. But he can't play LT.

This is where Dorsey fails as a gm. Stupid contract for an average player. Just because we have money doesn’t mean we have to spend it. 

Tyrod Taylor QB 

Jarvis Landry WR Extension 

Duke Johnson RB Extension 

Carlos Hyde RB 

Damrious Randall FS 

Chris Hubbard RT 

we should have stopped there. the last four signings have been pointless. Reminds me of the mangini days. 

Should have taken that money threw a huge contract at Kyle Fuller and Called it. Just because you have all this money doesn’t mean you have to spend it. 

Archived