Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

Just thought about potentially losing Gould and that's a sad thought. I really think the Bears reunion is in store for that man. Our kicking situation has been pretty damn good for a while, but with us potentially being a playoff team next season, scary to think of the uncertainty at that position. As we seen with the Chargers over the years, could be the difference between making or missing the playoffs. 

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just thought about potentially losing Gould and that's a sad thought. I really think the Bears reunion is in store for that man. Our kicking situation has been pretty damn good for a while, but with us potentially being a playoff team next season, scary to think of the uncertainty at that position. As we seen with the Chargers over the years, could be the difference between making or missing the playoffs. 

I don’t think we let him go. Worse case we franchise him.

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Don't see that happening. But wouldn't be opposed of it at all if we elected to go that route.

Not sure why we wouldn't. Have been advocating the tag on Gould for a while now (assuming we didn't get an extension done)

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not sure why we wouldn't. Have been advocating the tag on Gould for a while now (assuming we didn't get an extension done)

I think if Gould tells them he wants to finish his career in Chicago then they abide by his wishes and let him leave.

Speaking of franchise tags for kickers, how many have there been? 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think if Gould tells them he wants to finish his career in Chicago then they abide by his wishes and let him leave.

Speaking of franchise tags for kickers, how many have there been? 

Oh sure, I could see that if he came to them. I'm assuming that hasn't happened, but yeah, if he wants to go back, I don't think we'd stand in the way. But if he hasn't come to the team to ask that, I'm tagging that dude and removing the temptation lol

Franchised kickers definitely isn't abnormal. It's actually one of the most commonly tagged positions. Defensive linemen / edge rushers are the only ones tagged more often

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Oh sure, I could see that if he came to them. I'm assuming that hasn't happened, but yeah, if he wants to go back, I don't think we'd stand in the way. But if he hasn't come to the team to ask that, I'm tagging that dude and removing the temptation lol

Franchised kickers definitely isn't abnormal. It's actually one of the most commonly tagged positions. Defensive linemen / edge rushers are the only ones tagged more often

I remember watching an interview with Robbie where he said this is the best locker room he’s been a part of in his career. I don’t think he has any big desire to leave personally. I get that he lives in Chicago and that’s where he started his career, but I don’t really see him wanting to jump ship.

2 hours ago, N4L said:

Lets offer Gould a 4 year contract and send over a copy of the weather report in Chicago right now vs the weather in the Bay Area. -20 degrees compared to 65 and sunny! 

Midwest weather is brutal right now. The RealFeel was -50 here in Iowa City last night. They actually found a UI student frozen to death outside too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, struby3 said:

Midwest weather is brutal right now. The RealFeel was -50 here in Iowa City last night. They actually found a UI student frozen to death outside too

I'm in north Dakota we were talking yesterday about how it was a 100 degrees difference from outside the walls to inside. And that was without the windchill.

• Like 1