Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Meh but it's widely been accepted that offense isn't a problem with this team. He has every right to believe that he can do more with less...because he has. He lost his starting RB and QB and had his top 2 WRs healthy for about 2-3 games and the offense still put up numbers. As I keep reiterating over and over, offensive production will never be a real issue with this team as long as Shanny is at the helm. The focus this off-season personnel wise, should be defensive driven. 

I agree with that in principle. I've said it over and over on here even before we hired kyle:

Offenses with average talent can score an above average amount of points with a good scheme. A good defense is only a good defense with talent at all three levels

So from that standpoint, allocating resources to defense makes sense and I have no issue with it 

The thing about brown though is his value clearly isn't a second or even a third round pick. It's also not multiple picks. The money is team friendly and wouldn't prevent us from adding any free agents. So basically you are trading ONE rookie for one of the best WRs in the NFL who will undoubtedly draw a lot of attention from defenses and open up the field for other players 

schematically it was/is a match made in heaven. Brown seems to fit the mold of guys that Kyle likes. 

• Like 1

idk.. and I say this as someone pretty even on acquiring AB or not, at this stage. 

If Lynch confirms we are looking into AB.. that can only make AB more appealing and more costly.

If we are targeting AB, it's best to outwardly act as if we are not. That way, it can only help to make other teams feel more at ease at the lack of competition for him.. and feel less urgent in handing over bigger offers. 

So, while I don't necessary see him as a 49er, these word games being openly spoken out.. don't have weight to me. 

• Like 3

On 2019-02-28 at 12:15 PM, NcFinest9erFan said:

this is where I start to worry a bit that Kyle trusts his scheme a bit too much. I mean Kittle with 2 healthy Pettis and Goodwin isn't bad but boy do we need some talent.

McKinnon was supposed to be an added dimension that changed the entire dynamic of the offense. We didn't get to see it. Maybe they're banking on his return to open things up even more for Kittle, Pettis, Goodwin, Bourne and Taylor.

• Like 2

I posted something similar in the draft forum, but thought I'd post it here as well.

Looks like Jay Glazer may have been on to something? Obviously they must really like either Murray/Haskins or even both. Because it doesn't make sense for them to trade up for another QB. And really, I think they may be able to get Haskins even at #6, but obviously there is a risk a team trades up for one or the Raiders surprise and take Haskins. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I posted something similar in the draft forum, but thought I'd post it here as well.

Looks like Jay Glazer may have been on to something? Obviously they must really like either Murray/Haskins or even both. Because it doesn't make sense for them to trade up for another QB. And really, I think they may be able to get Haskins even at #6, but obviously there is a risk a team trades up for one or the Raiders surprise and take Haskins. 

Definitely think it's Haskins. Seems more Gettelmans style.

I wish he'd source. I know kawakami isn't jlc, but without some sort of source, this still just comes off as more theoretical than anything

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Maybe my math is off here but this seems suspect...so we're going to swap first round picks and get OBJ? I don't think that's enough to get him unless we're throwing in maybe a 3rd rounder in 2020? 

Edited by 757-NINER

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Definitely think it's Haskins. Seems more Gettelmans style.

I wish he'd source. I know kawakami isn't jlc, but without some sort of source, this still just comes off as more theoretical than anything

The more interesting part of the article to me was that he said here:

I’ve heard have gone after one or two other big-name trade candidates recently, absolutely can picture this. I’m sure they already have.

From the Jimmy G trade and the attempted Mack trade, it is no secret that Lynch/Shanny aren't afraid to make big trades. Who are we thinking here though? 

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Maybe my math is off here but this seems off...so we're going to swap first round picks and get OBJ? I don't think that's enough to get him unless we're throwing in maybe a 3rd rounder in 2020? 

No. That would be part of it. I'd assume swap picks and give our 2020 first, or swap and we also give 36

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

The more interesting part of the article to me was that he said here:

From the Jimmy G trade and the attempted Mack trade, it is no secret that Lynch/Shanny aren't afraid to make big trades. Who are we thinking here though? 

Damn, now I'm intrigued lol

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

Maybe my math is off here but this seems suspect...so we're going to swap first round picks and get OBJ? I don't think that's enough to get him unless we're throwing in maybe a 3rd rounder in 2020? 

No no no. He was saying swap 1st rounders plus a 2nd rounder and possibly a little more. 

So something like:

SF gets: OBJ  and #6

NYG gets: #2, #36, 2020 3rd rounder 

• Like 1