Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

Health will be a big thing but he in terms of talent he is by far the best player available on the market. Besides that he played in a similar scheme which makes the transition easier. Have to draft a guy to groom behind him though since we still would only have 3 CB's that should be on a NFL Roster if we sign him.

10 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I'm warming up to this if he's healthy. Can't deny the talent. But health is the obvious concern. I'd hope we'd still draft one as well. 

I'm okay with it if he keeps the emotions and the mouth in check. He's older now, he hasn't been the top corner in the league for a couple of years now, maybe he's a little more humble and less annoying. Even if he's not back 100%, he's still probably better than Dontae, and there's a chance Spoon turns into a true #1 sooner rather than later, making Sherman a really nice #2. His style isn't necessarily about recovery speed and all, so I feel like his injury doesn't impact him as much as smaller, mirror-style corners. We could use his physicality.

As long as he doesn't come here and runs his mouth as if he was the top dog here. He's not. He can't be. I kinda wish we'd re-sign Eric Reid, if we are to sign Sherman. I feel like Reid has the leadership to keep him under control, just like he did last year with Adrian Colbert.

Sherman would absolutely be one of the leaders on the defense and team if he still is a productive player. Why wouldn't you want this guy as one of the leaders? Super intelligent, never in trouble with the law and just a damn good football player. Great competitor that clearly loves the game as well.

Don't let the emotions of him dominating us for years get to you. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sherman would absolutely be one of the leaders on the defense and team if he still is a productive player. Why wouldn't you want this guy as one of the leaders? Super intelligent, never in trouble with the law and just a damn good football player. Great competitor that clearly loves the game as well.

I just don't want HIS emotions to dominate our team. I know he's mostly confident and like to trash talk, and that's fine. But I don't like the idea of an outsider coming in and becoming a vocal leader. The FO's motto is "brick by brick"... signing Sherman is not a brick. It's a fifty tons block of granite. Maybe we can work with it. I can also see it backfiring. IF he's more humble than I give him credit for, and just comes to work like one of the guys, and IF his injury is healing well, then great!

Sherman being one of the leaders for the Seahawks defense worked out just fine. They had one of the most dominant stretches for any defense in history. And he obviously he was a big part of it. This defense has no leader right now with Reid gone. I mean if in terms of play than Foster but can you trust that guy? Buckner is an emerging stat but does he scream leader to you? I highly doubt if Sherman comes he tries to take the team over, but definitely would be one of the leaders of the team if he could still play. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sherman being one of the leaders for the Seahawks defense worked out just fine. They had one of the most dominant stretches for any defense in history. And he obviously he was a big part of it. This defense has no leader right now with Reid gone. I mean if in terms of play than Foster but can you trust that guy? Buckner is an emerging stat but does he scream leader to you? I highly doubt if Sherman comes he tries to take the team over, but definitely would be one of the leaders of the team if he could still play. 

I think he'd have to do it gradually. Humble at first, then imposing himself more and more. I'd be okay with it. 

As long as it's Jimmy's team, I'm  fine with it!

2 hours ago, rudyZ said:

I'm okay with it if he keeps the emotions and the mouth in check. He's older now, he hasn't been the top corner in the league for a couple of years now, maybe he's a little more humble and less annoying. Even if he's not back 100%, he's still probably better than Dontae, and there's a chance Spoon turns into a true #1 sooner rather than later, making Sherman a really nice #2. His style isn't necessarily about recovery speed and all, so I feel like his injury doesn't impact him as much as smaller, mirror-style corners. We could use his physicality.

As long as he doesn't come here and runs his mouth as if he was the top dog here. He's not. He can't be. I kinda wish we'd re-sign Eric Reid, if we are to sign Sherman. I feel like Reid has the leadership to keep him under control, just like he did last year with Adrian Colbert.

What’s the bolded about? I haven’t ever heard anything negative off the field or otherwise about Colbert. 

3 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

What’s the bolded about? I haven’t ever heard anything negative off the field or otherwise about Colbert. 

No, on the field. Reid saved Colbert from a couple of taunting penalties for sure. Reid is good at keeping emotions in check on the field. I have no problem whatsoever with Sherman off the field. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

No, on the field. Reid saved Colbert from a couple of taunting penalties for sure. Reid is good at keeping emotions in check on the field. I have no problem whatsoever with Sherman off the field. 

Got ya. I do remember one incident like that last year.

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Got ya. I do remember one incident like that last year.

Then again, I don't know that Sherman has a problem on the field. Trash talking doesn't call for penalties that hurt the team. Most of the taunting I remember Sherman doing was after games, so again, he doesn't necessarily hurt the team. For all I know, he might actually be very wise in the way he expresses his emotions. I simply don't pay enough attention to him or the seahawks in general. I just hope there isn't something, character-wise, that can backfire on us. And that's assuming he's healed up from his injury. So, I feel there are a lot of IFs in regard to him being a good fit for us.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Pretty much this. I have no issues with him as a person or anything like that noise. My reservations are solely about the age and injury.