Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

No, on the field. Reid saved Colbert from a couple of taunting penalties for sure. Reid is good at keeping emotions in check on the field. I have no problem whatsoever with Sherman off the field. 

Reid is very underrated, good leader, positive locker room guy. I really hope his political ideology doesn't get in the way of his market. He's just a good dude. 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Pretty much this. I have no issues with him as a person or anything like that noise. My reservations are solely about the age and injury. 

Yep, and that's why I don't think even with signing him should prevent us from going after the other top corners on the market. Maybe Breeland becomes more of a target since he could play in the slot? 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

Reid is very underrated, good leader, positive locker room guy. I really hope his political ideology doesn't get in the way of his market. He's just a good dude. 

I hope it does so that he comes back home for cheap. I really think we are making a mistake by letting him walk. The other two safeties we have penciled in as starters have had problems staying healthy. 

Covering TEs is so important and he was really good at it. The fact he now has experience at linebacker only makes him more valuable. 

He is most likely going to end up in Seattle :(

It's kind of funny how the media is in sports sometimes.  I woke up to a very wide range of stories about Sherman and the Niners this morning.  Everything from "Sherman has lots of inquiries, but is meeting with the Niners first" to "Sherman likely to sign with the Niners."  

And, this is why I try my hardest not to get excited, or upset, until something is official.  lol

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's not good. 

Or is it?

Although termed a setback, it really seems to be one step back to get two steps forward.

Sherman and his doctors were likely proactive in having an offseason debridement surgery of the "healthy" left side to prevent future rupture.

Recovery should be much quicker than if he waited for it to tear, and the timing is such that I expect Sherman back 100 percent well before next season.

This is not a setback that decreases Sherman's value. If anything, it increases it, as it should diminish the chance of an Achilles rupture on the other side.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-richard-sherman-surgery-achilles-offseason-0301-story.html

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

And his most recent surgery was only to clean up, so it's not part of the "fixing" per se. I wonder if 100% healthy literally means 100% of what he was athletically before the injury. 100% in medical terms could simply mean "recovered as much as he could", but his conditioning and funcitonal strength and speed might still be diminished. I don't know.

Just now, rudyZ said:

And his most recent surgery was only to clean up, so it's not part of the "fixing" per se. I wonder if 100% healthy literally means 100% of what he was athletically before the injury. 100% in medical terms could simply mean "recovered as much as he could", but his conditioning and funcitonal strength and speed might still be diminished. I don't know.

Achilles injury are tough to gauge. I trust that we will do our due diligence and see if he is really heading towards being 100%. I still can't believe this is a possibility. 

4 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

As masher said, typically hard to gauge with Achilles injuries. Usually they can come back the following years and play, but I feel like more often than not, it's the year after when they are back to 100% and can play at a level more in line with what they were pretty injury. Everyone is different though