Draft Rumors

goldfishwars

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I've been at weddings for Days 2 and 3 of more drafts than not recently.  This time it's my wife's stupid cousin whose marrying a Russian guy so apparently there's no drinking at the reception...

I was really tempted to boycott and offer to just stay home with the kids and let her go.

Wait...a dry Russian?  Weird.

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I've been at weddings for Days 2 and 3 of more drafts than not recently.  This time it's my wife's stupid cousin whose marrying a Russian guy so apparently there's no drinking at the reception...

I was really tempted to boycott and offer to just stay home with the kids and let her go.

No drinking?? Russian?? This does not compute

3 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

Wait...a dry Russian?  Weird.

Apparently there are some weird traditions at Russian weddings: No drinking, no dancing (except for the bride and groom).

Dude could be Ukrainian, I'm not entirely sure.

Just now, The LBC said:

Apparently there are some weird traditions at Russian weddings: No drinking, no dancing (except for the bride and groom).

Lame.  The one I was at in '07 had guys in kilts and was thrown by my wife's fanciest aunt, so the liquor flowed.  It was awesome. 

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Maybe if he's Orthodox and it's a feast day or something?

Pretty sure he is Orthodox, because my wife's cousin (and her maid of honor - which I thought was kind of weird) have had to convert.

Just now, DaveDX said:

Lame.  The one I was at in '07 had guys in kilts and was thrown by my wife's fanciest aunt, so the liquor flowed.  It was awesome. 

I just want to point out that this is why I'm better than my wife.  When MY cousin got married in New York and we flew out, it was a $25k wedding/reception at the Ritz-Carlton with sushi and a carving station at the cocktail hour ahead of dinner and open bar the entire time.

7 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I just want to point out that this is why I'm better than my wife.  When MY cousin got married in New York and we flew out, it was a $25k wedding/reception at the Ritz-Carlton with sushi and a carving station at the cocktail hour ahead of dinner and open bar the entire time.

That's awesome. Up in Maryland we had a full dinner and a traditional Korean service after the main service, which featured the wedding party in Chuck Taylors.  The venue was amazing, so it was fancy and laid back at the same time.

9 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Dude could be Ukrainian, I'm not entirely sure.

Oh ok. Reading it I thought it was because everybody would start fighting lmao

7 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Debatable.

Archived