Cowboys off season - training camp is almost here!!!

WizardHawk

What the hell man. I understand underperforming for the price, but if they go and cut him and what, want to rely on Hurns as the go to guy? 

I dont think he will be cut. I just cant see them handicapping Dak like that - unless they have some sincere plans to go WR shopping in the draft. But what I dont get then, is even the top guys, theres never a sure thing. The best prospects flake easily especially at wideout. Man thatd suck.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Here we go

Don't know much more. DeMarcus Lawrence, Malik Collins, Crawford, Kyle Wilber, Tyron Smith were all there and Dez was supposed to as well.

5 minutes in they made the announcement that Stephen Jones called him in to a last minute meeting and wont make it out until tomorrow.

Maybe something will be announced this weekend.

47 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I think we all lost our sanity when we became cowboys fans

One of the first football games I ever watched was the 52-17 SB victory over the Bills. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

23 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Our FA period definitely turned out well; and i told you guys back in mid.march to mellow out with the hatred and doomsday sky is falling nonsense because the team wasnt runnijg out and overpaying for every free agent who's name you knew :P

I’d still like to sign Bennie Logan and take a look at Eric Reid.

13 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Scott Linehan is the worst thing that's happened to this franchise since, like, the Roy Williams trade

Dont mistake what Im about to say, because im no fan of Linehan, however -

This team became much better when he joined for a reason. Although he is calling the plays only and the offense itself didnt change from JGs system, the production was increased and the group as a whole seemed much more organized and prepared. Linehan is no slouch and knows how to prepare an offense, even if his playcalling and concepts tend to be a bit old fashioned in their predictability.

He has been one of the better hires, honestly...

the real worst thing since the Williams trade to happen this team was losing Callahan. The whole OL unit has gone down hill a little bit more every year since he left.

31 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Dont mistake what Im about to say, because im no fan of Linehan, however -

This team became much better when he joined for a reason. Although he is calling the plays only and the offense itself didnt change from JGs system, the production was increased and the group as a whole seemed much more organized and prepared. Linehan is no slouch and knows how to prepare an offense, even if his playcalling and concepts tend to be a bit old fashioned in their predictability.

He has been one of the better hires, honestly...

the real worst thing since the Williams trade to happen this team was losing Callahan. The whole OL unit has gone down hill a little bit more every year since he left.

I think Linehan was great for the Romo friendly offense, and 2015 was really going to to be a special year offensively. You could see it week 1 against the Giants. Linehan is a pass first coach. His offense didn't require Demarco Murray. Romo of course, couldn't stay healthy and we all saw how 2015 ended up. 

Since then we drafted a bulldog read option QB, and maybe the best RB in the game. I don't think they wanted RB at #4 But it had to be Zeke or Ramsey, and when Rod Marinelli picks Zeke what can you do?

So now we have this RB. This OL. This QB. With these blocking possession WRs, and a slow, aged TE. Nothing about this roster says vertical passing game. Yet here we are putting up 6 points against Philly backups, because Linehan is calling 9-routes 27 times a game hoping either Dez turns into Megatron or Dak cocoons out to Matt Stafford overnight.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

I think Linehan was great for the Romo friendly offense, and 2015 was really going to to be a special year offensively. You could see it week 1 against the Giants. Linehan is a pass first coach. His offense didn't require Demarco Murray. Romo of course, couldn't stay healthy and we all saw how 2015 ended up. 

Since then we drafted a bulldog read option QB, and maybe the best RB in the game. I don't think they wanted RB at #4 But it had to be Zeke or Ramsey, and when Rod Marinelli picks Zeke what can you Do?

So now we have this RB. This OL. This QB. With these blocking possession WRs, and a slow, aged TE. Nothing about this roster says vertical passing game. Yet here we are putting up 6 points against Philly backups, because Linehan is calling 9 routes 27 times a game hoping either Dez turns into Megatron or Dak cocoons out to Matt Stafford overnight.

Fair points, really. But an offensive minded coach should be more than able to call plays that favor what is given to him. And at times he has without issue...2016, he was outstanding in his calls letting Dak throw the routes that were most comfortable to him while relying on power zone. 

Its really frustrating to see him get away from what the strengths are of the team and thats what bugs me most. 2014 we were unstoppable running the zone stretch and wide angle stuff. So in 2015, we run it less. 2016 with Zeke? Even less. 2017? Almost never. In 2016, Dak was amazing running the hitch-corner to beat cover 2. He had the fast release to the hitch and a perfect on the corner when that was the read. He beat Pittsburgh with that concept, actually. So in 2017, we switch to a hitch-out option instead in these situations, and the result? 4 of Daks picks came in this read. Its a read even Romo struggled with and he was much more conventional. So why waz that the call over the hitch-corner? Frustrating.

Archived