Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

I see MHA recommended through the roof, so I’ll probably start that next. Not a big fan of animes that are geared towards kids though, and it definitely looks like it’s more aimed at kids. Then again, Black Clover definitely aims for a younger audience, and is still pretty fun. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I need more people on the Trigun train 

My fiancee and I always exchange animes and so far I got her to watch: Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.

And she got me to watch: Black Clover, Attack on Titan, and Demon Slayer. 

She loved Yu Yu Hakusho but was kinda meh on the other three. I personally loved Trigun growing up, and love the uniqueness to it. I forgot how slow it can be at times though, which was her problem with it. For a 26 Episode Anime, about half is actually filler which is pretty nuts. But the other half is 10/10 stuff. 

Vash and Wolfwood remain two of my favorite anime characters ever. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I see MHA recommended through the roof, so I’ll probably start that next. Not a big fan of animes that are geared towards kids though, and it definitely looks like it’s more aimed at kids. Then again, Black Clover definitely aims for a younger audience, and is still pretty fun. 

If you're concerned that MHA will be overly kiddy, you don't need to worry about that. It's not super dark but it's not childish.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

If you're concerned that MHA will be overly kiddy, you don't need to worry about that. It's not super dark but it's not childish.

Is it aimed at a younger audience like Black Clover? I prefer more adult geared anime like Attack on Titan, Demon Slayer, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, etc. Although I’m definitely enjoying Black Clover so far.

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Is it aimed at a younger audience like Black Clover? I prefer more adult geared anime like Attack on Titan, Demon Slayer, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, etc. Although I’m definitely enjoying Black Clover so far.

It's definitely more similar to Black Clover than Attack on Titan, especially season 1, but I'd argue arcs in later seasons are darker than anything I can remember BC doing.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I personally loved Trigun growing up, and love the uniqueness to it. I forgot how slow it can be at times though, which was her problem with it. For a 26 Episode Anime, about half is actually filler which is pretty nuts. But the other half is 10/10 stuff. 

Vash and Wolfwood remain two of my favorite anime characters ever. 

The slow burn is amazing. It fleshes out the world it takes place in so god damn well that when you realize why the world is the way it is you actually feel what Vash feels. Its the most evocative anime I have ever watched. 

Chainsaw man ended today. It was the best shounen jump title since it came out and one of the best manga in the past 5 years. It's super unique and is pretty much like watching a movie in manga format.

They also announced Chainsaw man part 2 and a Chainsaw man anime done by MAPAA in 2021. My hype is through the roof! I can not recommend this manga enough if you want something fresh and new while being dark, gritty, and anti-shounen.

I'm on Episode 99 of Black Clover. Never have I binge watched an anime like this in my life. I binge watched Death Note, which is only 37 episodes, in like 6-7 days, but I've gone through Episodes 30-99 in about 12-13 days.

I can't believe they Ned Stark'd my favorite character... hope he comes back somehow

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All caught up on the Dub of Black Clover, Episode 141. I know it’s currently up to 155 in Japanese, but I’ve already watched this many dubbed, don’t want to change now. 

Must say, I have really enjoyed it. Probably in my Top 10 Animes somewhere. 

Reasons It Probably gets Average Ratings: 

- Most people are like me, don’t give a show very long and judge it too soon. I only kept watching past Episode 5 cause my Fiancee is a big Black Clover fan (and now I am too). Until the first villain arc starts at Episode 26, the show is average at best. And I’d even say the first 15 Episodes are pretty bad. The Main Character just screamed 24/7, which they turned down massively after 15-20 Episodes (probably after complaints). 

Episodes 26-125 or so, those 100 Episodes, I’d probably rate this Anime a solid 9/10. It’s very good. Then again, I love Shounen types. 

- Naruto fans hating on it and mass downvoting due it being kind of similar. This show blows Naruto out of the water imo.

- People claiming the Animation isn’t great. The Animation is Standard Quality and completely fine. It is meant to be a 400-1,000 Episode Anime I’m guessing so you have to budget and you can’t have Demon Slayer and My Hero Academia Animation. MHA is 88 Episodes and Demon Slayer I bet ends right around 100. 

I recommend Black Clover, especially if you like Shounen. Just get past the first 26 Episodes. 

Now I’m watching My Hero Academia. Also a very good Anime. First 6 Episodes were kinda meh to me and I didn’t like the Main Character, but it really picks up around Episode 7. I’m on Episode 30 now and it’s a really good Anime, and I like the MC now. 

Bought both the movies on Blu Ray DVD too, can’t wait to watch them. Trying to time it just right. From what I understand, you’re suppose to watch the first movie in between Season 2 and Season 3. And watch the second one half way through Season 4. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Nah Bakugo is fine. Midoriya is just a terrible main character who's just wreeks of pre-teen girl issues.

Bakugo goes on loud generic sophomoric tirades at the drop of a time, for little to no reason, serving no purpose. You can set your watch to him.

Maybe things will have changed after the 2nd movie. I don’t read the manga.