Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

Just finished Demon Slayer a couple months back, great anime. Can't wait for the movie to be dubbed in January.

I see a lot of people making lists on here, so I'll make a Top 10 and maybe you guys can hit me with some recommendations based on my preferences.

I've probably watched less than 40 animes, so not a large sample size.

1) Dragon Ball Z (I know this doesn't crack most people's Top 20... but I've always loved DBZ, and have watched it all the way through multiple times)

2) Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

3) Attack on Titan

4) Death Note

5) Cowboy Bebop

6) Demon Slayer (early, but love it)

7) Trigun

8 ) Yu Yu Hakusho

9) Black Lagoon

10) G Gundam

HM: Erased

Have watched the first 4-5 episodes or so of: Naruto, One Piece, Vinland Saga, One Punch Man, Tokyo Ghoul, and Psycho Pass and not a big fan, so don't need those recommended.

1) I've heard Steins Gate is good, is that worth a watch?

2) My fiancee is obsessed with Black Clover and she has already seen every episode, and now watching it over with me. I'm at Episode 16. It's slowly growing on me, but does it get better? It's just ok to me so far. And the main character is beyond annoying.

3) I'm 41 Episodes through Monster, but that was six years ago. I literally stopped because of how slow it is. However, I still remember it being a terrific Anime. And I keep seeing it at the Top of Anime lists. Is this Anime worth finishing? I'd have to start the whole thing over probably. Also, where can I watch Monster?

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Just finished Demon Slayer a couple months back, great anime. Can't wait for the movie to be dubbed in January.

I see a lot of people making lists on here, so I'll make a Top 10 and maybe you guys can hit me with some recommendations based on my preferences.

1) Dragon Ball Z (I know this doesn't crack most people's Top 20... but I've always loved DBZ, and have watched it all the way through multiple times)

3) Attack on Titan

4) Death Note

5) Cowboy Bebop

7) Trigun

8 ) Yu Yu Hakusho

9) Black Lagoon

10) G Gundam

Have watched the first 4-5 episodes or so of: Naruto, One Piece, Vinland Saga, One Punch Man, Tokyo Ghoul, and Psycho Pass and not a big fan, so don't need those recommended.

2) My fiancee is obsessed with Black Clover and she has already seen every episode, and now watching it over with me. I'm at Episode 16. It's slowly growing on me, but does it get better? It's just ok to me so far. And the main character is beyond annoying.

3) I'm 41 Episodes through Monster, but that was six years ago. I literally stopped because of how slow it is. However, I still remember it being a terrific Anime. And I keep seeing it at the Top of Anime lists. Is this Anime worth finishing? I'd have to start the whole thing over probably. Also, where can I watch Monster?

1) Steins; Gate is pretty good. It ties together nicely.

2) Black Clover picks up big time. It has a few amazing arcs and is definitely one of the best shonen imo. Asta wins you over.

38 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I almost dropped it but I am glad I didnt

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

I watched Fairy Tail. It's the most shonen anime ever, ultra reliant on the same few things hooking you over and over again...and it totally worked for me. I can totally see the how people can love it or hate it.

It's the large, unique, and fully fleshed out cast that made me fall in love. Every character is 3 dimensional. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

It's the large, unique, and fully fleshed out cast that made me fall in love. Every character is 3 dimensional. 

Agreed, the cast is awesome. It's hard not to love them. Also think Zeref is one of the most interesting villains I've ever watched.

On 12/2/2020 at 8:30 PM, BayRaider said:

3) Attack on Titan

4) Death Note

5) Cowboy Bebop

7) Trigun

8 ) Yu Yu Hakusho

9) Black Lagoon

10) G Gundam

Just a couple of random comments:

1) I thought Dragon Ball Super was better than Z.

2) And Monster is one of my favorites. It definitely is a slow burn but I just loved the story, characters, and atmosphere. No idea where you can watch it anymore though. I originally saw the entire series on YouTube before they cared about copyright infringement.

I'm glad I stuck with Black Clover. Honestly if my Fiancee wasn't so into it, I probably would of stopped around episode 5 or 6.

It starts our very slow, but it becomes really, really entertaining around Episode 30 or so. Especially when the Captains all start fighting, and the villains become pretty boss mode.

On Episode 42 now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I'm glad I stuck with Black Clover. Honestly if my Fiancee wasn't so into it, I probably would of stopped around episode 5 or 6.

It starts our very slow, but it becomes really, really entertaining around Episode 30 or so. Especially when the Captains all start fighting, and the villains become pretty boss mode.

On Episode 42 now.

Once you get familiar with the Captain and other corps it gets VERY good

Currently watching Fairy Tale. Watched the first season last year on Netflix but my brother gave me his Funimation log in so I've been watching more. 

Never watched much anime until last winter. Watched most everything else on Netflix and Hulu so started on some Anime. Here's what iv watched in no particular order:

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans
The Seven Deadly Sins
The Rising of the Shield Hero
Sword Art Online
Gun Gale Online
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
God Eater
No Game, No Life
K
Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
Accel World

I know there is some I'm forgetting and there is plenty that I have started and stopped watching after only a few episodes. Disappointing when you find a good anime and it turns out theres only 1 or 2 seasons. I'm thinking Ill start Attack on Titan or My Hero Acedamia soon.  

1 hour ago, Neumatic said:

Currently watching Fairy Tale. Watched the first season last year on Netflix but my brother gave me his Funimation log in so I've been watching more. 

Never watched much anime until last winter. Watched most everything else on Netflix and Hulu so started on some Anime. Here's what iv watched in no particular order:

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans
The Seven Deadly Sins
The Rising of the Shield Hero
Sword Art Online
Gun Gale Online
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
God Eater
No Game, No Life
K
Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
Accel World

I know there is some I'm forgetting and there is plenty that I have started and stopped watching after only a few episodes. Disappointing when you find a good anime and it turns out theres only 1 or 2 seasons. I'm thinking Ill start Attack on Titan or My Hero Acedamia soon.  

Do it. Both are classics. Fairy Tale, if you like it, you'll love it. I finished it in three weeks.

• Like 1