Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

1 minute ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

He was better in stints. In my opinion at least, and clearly in Gute's too. And Hundley has been in our system for years, he is not a 21 year old rookie. He can make all the throws, ridiculous arm strength. CLE got a new GM and wants to pick their own QB, not necessarily a shot at Kizer. He is just a better prospect then Hundley and the best we've had since Rodgers. 

Time will tell.  While they have a new front office they have the same coaching staff who suffered through a winless season with Kiezer last year.  IN a league where rookies star all the time he looked like a train wreck on far more occasions than he didn't.  Either Clevelands front office cares little about their coaching staff's opinion or they had no interest in Kiezer being in any of their future plans.  They got rid of their garbage for a guy who will start for them next year.

I  hope I'm wrong but I see no upside in this deal.  We are substantially worse off than we were yesterday.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I really hate this trade. 

Just traded our best CB for a QB with:

An 0-15 record as a starter

A sub 55% completion percentage (32/32 qulifiers)

A 1:2 TD:INT ratio (50/50 qualifiers)

A TD% of 2.3% (30/32 qualifiers)

A 6.1 Y/A (29/32 qualifiers)

I find it really hard to blame Kizer for the dumpster fire that Cleveland was last year. Not sure what was expected from a rookie QB in that situation. He clearly has more talent then Hundley and is the best prospect on our team since Rodgers. I want to see what Mac can do with him.

As for Randall, I'm sure they didn't do this without having a plan in place for fixing the CB position. 

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

We're going big at corner in free agency ... just a guess.  Probably snag another on the second day of the draft.  Got to let it play out.  We strike out in free agency at corner and it's fair to go after Gute.  As for this trade today .. the value is there and it makes some sense.  Our season was ruined last year because he had a terrible backup Qb.  Perhaps Kizer will stink it up as well, but there's a good chance his talent wins out in the end.  We'll see.  I wasn't much of a Randall guy .. talented guy, but he was soft.  They must not have thought he was a good fit for the Pettine scheme.  

I don't think he was necessarily soft, dont think he was great against big recievers though.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I really hate this trade. 

Just traded our best CB for a QB with:

An 0-15 record as a starter

A sub 55% completion percentage (32/32 qulifiers)

A 1:2 TD:INT ratio (50/50 qualifiers)

A TD% of 2.3% (30/32 qualifiers)

A 6.1 Y/A (29/32 qualifiers)

He was a rookie, half the year his WRs were Hollywood Higgins and Ricardo Louis and his coach was Hue Jackson. Come on...

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

So, what's the jury on Randall? I know you guys are saying he's your best CB, but is he actually good or just okay?

He's about as inconsistent as they come. He had a promising rookie year. Then a sophomore that was trash. Then his 3rd year started pretty bad but then he finished real strong and was clearly our best CB. He also had some attitude issues this past year. 

Just now, DawgX said:

So, what's the jury on Randall? I know you guys are saying he's your best CB, but is he actually good or just okay?

Good rookie year. Injuries ruined next year. Bounced back last year after we benched him for what was either freelancing, not knowing play call, or attitude... Problem is, to the naked eye, his mouth/attitude/tackling. He can cover. He makes plays. Green Bay just got tired of him. 

Surprised no one has posted this yet. 

McCarthy: “We all understand what happened in the Chicago game, but I thought from the Chicago game on he played at a very high level,” McCarthy said. “He probably played the best football of his career, but then he didn't play the last two games. He needs to go home and self-evaluate and clean his own house. We all need to clean our own house. We did not play to the standard of the Green Bay Packers, regardless of losing our best player.”

Certainly a jab. Possibly saying he quit with two weeks left as well. 

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He was a rookie, half the year his WRs were Hollywood Higgins and Ricardo Louis and his coach was Hue Jackson. Come on...

Kizer was out of Notre Dame right? Well if I remember the pre-draft chit chat last year, he was considered the last or worst "NFL ready" of the supposed top QB's. Probably could have sat a year to get his act together - didnt get that chance.

I'm not crying over the spilled milk that is DR. I had high hopes for both him and Rollins - neither panned out - for different reason - but neither played up to their draft slot IMO - which I put some blame on our talent evaluators.........saying again, I dont think we were at our sharpest in that regard.

On the surface, this trade stinks JMO. There is absolutely no way this wasn't done without some other things in mind though(I think?...I hope) so I'm gonna hold off on being too reactionary right now but my god this CB depth chart is U-G-L-Y right now. Not to mention the WR group is weak and incredibly overpaid. There is so much more they have to do with this roster between now and the draft

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

Good rookie year. Injuries ruined next year. Bounced back last year after we benched him for what was either freelancing, not knowing play call, or attitude... Problem is, to the naked eye, his mouth/attitude/tackling. He can cover. He makes plays. Green Bay just got tired of him. 

Surprised no one has posted this yet. 

McCarthy: “We all understand what happened in the Chicago game, but I thought from the Chicago game on he played at a very high level,” McCarthy said. “He probably played the best football of his career, but then he didn't play the last two games. He needs to go home and self-evaluate and clean his own house. We all need to clean our own house. We did not play to the standard of the Green Bay Packers, regardless of losing our best player.”

Certainly a jab. Possibly saying he quit with two weeks left as well. 

And as punishment they banished him to Cleveland.

Mac don't mess around

Just now, MantyWrestler said:

He was a rookie remember. Plus, the talent at WR for the Browns...?

I remember, But do you know how difficult it is to have 11TDs and 22 INTs?

He threw 22 Interceptions, most in the league.

Second most was Cam Newton with 16! Kizer threw 38% more interceptions than the second most interception prone guy in the league.

There were only 5 of 32 qualifying starting QBs last year who had a sub 1 TD:INT ratio. 

He was at 1:2

CJ Beathard was the second worst at 1:1.5 (4:6 total)

5 minutes ago, DawgX said:

He’s gotten better every year. Only concern with him is the way he carries himself but a team in your position who needs a corner was just given  starter and an upgrade. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Kizer was out of Notre Dame right? Well if I remember the pre-draft chit chat last year, he was considered the last or worst "NFL ready" of the supposed top QB's. Probably could have sat a year to get his act together - didnt get that chance.

He had some of the best arm talent though. Made a lot of bad decisions but he can straight up sling it. 

Archived