Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

Just now, SpeightTheVillain said:

And as punishment they banished him to Cleveland.

Mac don't mess around

Literally the worst threat you could've made to a talented player to motivate him last year.

Randall: "I'm the best corner you have".

Mac: "If you don't cut the crap we'll send you to Cleveland". 

14 minutes ago, gopackgo27 said:

I will reserve judgement on this trade until after I see our plan at CB, with that said, we obviously really liked Kizer so I hope he's better than Hundley. Having the 1st pick on Day 3 is definitely valuable, I can say that.

Yeah ... we strike out in free agency at corner and it's fair to bash the hell out of Gute.  He's got to lock down the position or we are in deep crap.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He was a rookie, half the year his WRs were Hollywood Higgins and Ricardo Louis and his coach was Hue Jackson. Come on...

It wasn't long ago Hue Jackson was considered a rising star. We can discuss the merit of that public opinion, but he was highly thought of.

I'm not saying he was in a good situation, but to describe his play as anything other than, "******* terrible" isn't honestly evaluating him. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I remember, But do you know how difficult it is to have 11TDs and 22 INTs?

He threw 22 Interceptions, most in the league.

Second most was Cam Newton with 16! Kizer threw 38% more interceptions than the second most interception prone guy in the league.

There were only 5 of 32 qualifying starting QBs last year who had a sub 1 TD:INT ratio. 

He was at 1:2

CJ Beathard was the second worst at 1:1.5 (4:6 total)

I guess that maybe a silver lining is, Alex Smith started like half of his rookie season and went 1:11 TD to INT?

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I remember, But do you know how difficult it is to have 11TDs and 22 INTs?

He threw 22 Interceptions, most in the league.

Second most was Cam Newton with 16! Kizer threw 38% more interceptions than the second most interception prone guy in the league.

There were only 5 of 32 qualifying starting QBs last year who had a sub 1 TD:INT ratio. 

He was at 1:2

CJ Beathard was the second worst at 1:1.5 (4:6 total)

Ya those stats are disgusting, what makes it worse is if you try to justify us trying to get better at backup QB, Hundley played better than him last year.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

It wasn't long ago Hue Jackson was considered a rising star. We can discuss the merit of that public opinion, but he was highly thought of.

I'm not saying he was in a good situation, but to describe his play as anything other than, "******* terrible" isn't honestly evaluating him. 

I don't evaluate people put in situations to fail. This is what Kizer needed to save his career.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

As we saw from the last pass in OT against us, he has a lot to clean up. He did play awful last year.

But he has more physical tools then any QB since Rodgers became the starter. With Mac and Rodgers helping him out, hopefully the mental mistakes can be cleaned up. 

This is a straight potential play. They wanted to dump Damarious for whatever reason, and got a guy with huge upside. I have no problem with it. 

7 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Good rookie year. Injuries ruined next year. Bounced back last year after we benched him for what was either freelancing, not knowing play call, or attitude... Problem is, to the naked eye, his mouth/attitude/tackling. He can cover. He makes plays. Green Bay just got tired of him. 

Surprised no one has posted this yet. 

McCarthy: “We all understand what happened in the Chicago game, but I thought from the Chicago game on he played at a very high level,” McCarthy said. “He probably played the best football of his career, but then he didn't play the last two games. He needs to go home and self-evaluate and clean his own house. We all need to clean our own house. We did not play to the standard of the Green Bay Packers, regardless of losing our best player.”

Certainly a jab. Possibly saying he quit with two weeks left as well. 

So confirmed that we are trading HaHa too?

3 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

He had some of the best arm talent though. Made a lot of bad decisions but he can straight up sling it. 

Kizer definitely has the physical talent to succeed. The question is if he has the mental game to succeed. I know he was a rookie last year (and there's no way he should have been starting), but I've never seen a QB make so many awful decisions on such a consistent basis. He definitely has a better chance at succeeding in the league now that he's sitting behind one of the best QBs of all time. He was never going to succeed on the Browns, so I'm not too mad that he's gone. He seems like a good guy though, so I wish him well.

Excited to get rid of Hundley for a 22 year old QB who was almost a 1st rounder last year. One year on one of the worst two teams in NFL history doesn't make a career projection. Three years of preparation and still being a dumpster fire probably tells your careers story.

55 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

So we gave up a starting CB for a 3rd string QB...all because MM doesnt like Randalls attitude.

You walk out of work in the middle of a project and see how it rubs your boss. If he wasn’t a starter he’d have been cut that night. Thought they moved past it. Clearly not. 

I don't like the idea of "planning" to fix the CB situation, there is too much uncertainty to be able to plan that kind of thing. I have a bad feeling we'll be scrambling after we are priced out of the top couple of guys, then can't improve edge in the draft. I don't think Favre would have done well if he had gotten to start that first year in ATL, I also don't think Kizer is Favre...

Archived