Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

31 minutes ago, Green19 said:

A 21 year old QB that was a top 40 pick.

granted if you don’t like him, I get it, but Rodgers is the same age Brett was when they drafted him.

GB liked Kizer, right/wrong/or indifferent, last year by all reports. They just got themselves a high QB prospect... Cleveland got a one year rental.

QB is more important than CB. The value is there. Let’s see what happens at CB. The sign Colvin then move up to draft Ward or James... the secondary doesn’t look as bad.

CLE can pick up his fifth year yeah? 

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Kizer is 22, and he was the 52nd overall pick.  Randall is 25 and he was the 30th overall pick.

The Packers are top 2 in the league at QB.

The Packers are bottom 2 in the league at CB. 

Doesnt that reflect Randall?

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

Probably not but we wouldn't be backed into a corner like we are now.  Given the garbage heap we now have at CB we've now for the 3rd year in a row must spend that first pick on the position.  Also caches are good that if he did leave, the comp pick would be better than what we are getting from Cleveland.  I    just dont' feel that Kiezer is a NFL QB.  Dude had almost 2 turnovers a game last year and look as bad of a NFL QB as I've seen in a long long time.  His play was one of the biggest reasons that Browns teams went winless.

Randall wasn't a pro bowler but he was b y far our best CB last year.  We've got a dumpster fire back there with one guy who looks to have any business being on a NFL field consistently.  We're now going to need Rollins to develop into a starting NFL CB.

I'm not counting on Rollins.

He wasnt fast BEFORE the achilles problem.

Just now, BrettFavre004 said:

I’ve gotten happier about this quickly, hated our CBs, forces our hand to so something.

Said months ago King is the only CB on roster who will be on team in 3 years.

Yep. Glad we made the move now and got something for a guy who was likely gone next year. Let’s just watch gutey get his free agents and draft picks now then judge.

1 minute ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

The problem I have with this is, while solid corners can be found, the team has now put itself in the position of needing to find multiple solid CBs (if they weren't there already) while still addressing pass rush, WR, TE, and interior OL.  We are hoping for a lot of draft pick and FA hits out of an unknown GM.

I agree it sucks, but we have a lot to address anyways. This team's talent level has been trending the wrong way for awhile. I just don't think losing Randall makes any difference. 

1 minute ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

The problem I have with this is, while solid corners can be found, the team has now put itself in the position of needing to find multiple solid CBs (if they weren't there already) while still addressing pass rush, WR, TE, and interior OL.  We are hoping for a lot of draft pick and FA hits out of an unknown GM.

Edge was the priority going into the draft IMO, but unless we use FA for a corner it will be corner again in the draft now.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

CLE can pick up his fifth year yeah? 

Good question, probably. But at this point you have to view it as a rental. Until he proves a good fit and enjoys Cleveland. you can’t guarantee he won’t have similar problems he had in GB.

Archived