Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I'm not counting on Rollins.

He wasnt fast BEFORE the achilles problem.

We've now forced too given the absolute dumpster firer the position group is.  We've got King and a bunch of guys who aren't anything but special teamers.  Hopefully King has a Richard Sherman caliber of sophomore season our our pass defense is going to have even bigger issues than its had in the last 2 years. 

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Good question, probably. But at this point you have to view it as a rental. Until he proves a good fit and enjoys Cleveland. you can’t guarantee he won’t have similar problems he had in GB.

CLE's gonna wish it had Tramon Williams back.

1 minute ago, SSG said:

We've now forced too given the absolute dumpster firer the position group is.  We've got King and a bunch of guys who aren't anything but special teamers.  Hopefully King has a Richard Sherman caliber of sophomore season our our pass defense is going to have even bigger issues than its had in the last 2 years. 

Again - it all comes down to your evaluation of DR. I think his talent can be replaced.

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

I think it goes without saying, we're going to add multiple players to this position.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Time to grab Tramon and another CB like Colvin or Claiborne. Throw two vets in with King and grab a rook in rounds 1, 2 or 3. 

Yuck.  Getting older, slower and less athletic isn't the answer IMO.  

Ben Fennel:
People that follow me know... I put tremendous amount of emphasis on explosive plays . It's a big play business. You must create them, you must prevent them. That's it. Green Bay gave up too many via the pass..

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I ran out of likes.  So many people were getting likes for being upset about us trading Randall.  I have never run out of likes before. 

Trading Cobb would have made sense to me.  Cobb, Nelson, Bulaga, someone that actually wasn't a position of weakness, was old, or would have saved us significant cap space. 

Still hoping Cobb gets traded. He just really has no value to us. TyMont could fill Cobb’s role for much much less. 

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think it goes without saying, we're going to add multiple players to this position.

Sure hope we do.  Unfortunate that the agents of the FA CB's know that GB likely has to add CB's as well.   Not easy negotiating from a position of desperation

Only real problem I have with letting Randall go is the notion that MM is going to dog any player who basically challenges the status quo. Randall's comments about the defensive accountability may have been mis-delivered, but they were dead on accurate. MM just let Capers go about his business for years without any accountability despite year after year of poor defense. Randall basically called out Capers and MM threw Randall under the bus. That rubs me the wrong way. 

31 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Nobody is pretending that Randall is elite, or anywhere near that level.  I thought he was an ascending player.  Randall has shown good and bad play, I would argue that he had 1.5 good years and 1.5 bad years.  That seems like a serviceable player.  He would be a definite contributor on this team, this season.  With Kizer, we are hoping that he develops, but never plays.  With the current depth chart, we have Lenzy Pipkins as one of our starting CBs.  We have now forced our own hand in this draft.  We NEED to take at least one CB, and we maybe, hopefully got better at a position everyone hopes never sees the field.

I don't like it.  I am not going to lose sleep over it.  I am not going to make a really hilarious website about it (www.firegute.com).  But I will discuss it on a message board.  Gute has not earned the benefit of the doubt yet.  This is his first move as GM.  To like this move, you have to be one heck of a Deshone Kizer fan, absolutely hate Damarious Randall, or are blindly optimistic about everything Green Bay Packers.  

Randall is the kind of guy we'd drool over his potential of he was a fa.

Archived