Case Keenum will sign with broncos

49erurtaza

As a Broncos fan, I like this move if and only if this is like the Mike Glennon deal that you can easily cut him after the first year. I think Keenum is ultimately being brought in to run the offseason program and start the first few games but I fully expect a QB at 5. 

9 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yep.  The Vikings have been down that road FAR too many times, namely, having a QB who can get you to the big show but can't get the job done when he gets there.  We need a guy who can actually win it all - especially if we are going to commit that kind of money to him. 

Agreed, instead why not trade up and get darnold or Rosen.the Vikings basically have everything they need .

19 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Agreed, instead why not trade up and get darnold or Rosen.the Vikings basically have everything they need .

I actually wouldn't mind that at all.  Rosen would look great in purple!  When you think about it, this could actually be doable.  Sign Teddy and that gives us money to add a high caliber free agent or two for our offensive line.  We have a roster that is pretty much complete right now, so giving up an entire draft worth of picks to get a franchise QB for the next 10-15 years might actually make sense in our situation.  The only problem is that it would be extremely expensive to move up from #30 into the top 5.  It could cost us picks from next year as well, and that could be problematic. 

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

This doesnt make much sense for Denver IMO.    Sam Bradford wouldve made more sense IMO....although they are probably worried about his health issues.    Still, I dont think Keenum will do much for Denver.     I think Keenum is kind of like Ryan Fitzpatrick.....can give you some good streaks and at times, make you think he is a capable starter, but once you commit to him, he proves he really isnt much more than a backup.    

Hopefully, the Broncos still draft someone.   The Paxton Lynch experiment should be over.

Sam Bradford knees is the problem here, Keenum will probably be a bridge to the QB Elway take at 5 (my feeling is that will be Josh Allen).....not my first choice, but....the result of all this will depend on how they will improve the OL, denver must find a long term solution for both RT and LG positions to Keenum or the rookie can succeed in Denver

3 hours ago, JPeezy55 said:

If I'm Denver, I'm calling Buffalo and holding the 5th spot for some kings ransom

Agree

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

This doesnt make much sense for Denver IMO.    Sam Bradford wouldve made more sense IMO....although they are probably worried about his health issues.    Still, I dont think Keenum will do much for Denver.     I think Keenum is kind of like Ryan Fitzpatrick.....can give you some good streaks and at times, make you think he is a capable starter, but once you commit to him, he proves he really isnt much more than a backup.    

Hopefully, the Broncos still draft someone.   The Paxton Lynch experiment should be over.

No! No! What nonsense!

I shall continue to believe in the Once and Future Success of the Twin Towers, Bross Ockweiler and Laxton Pinch, in Denver, until the Rocky Mountains crumble, and Mile High is but an anthill in the desert sands! Let us keep the faith in these very tall, if not over-talented, young men; may their stars shine in the night sky o'er Denver till the end of time!

Image result for Paxton LynchImage result for Paxton Lynch

I'm gonna lol pretty hard if the Vikings fail to land Cousins now.  Come on, Jets.  J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!  Promise him you'll reach on receivers and offensive linemen in the draft while paying him way too much money. 

10 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm gonna lol pretty hard if the Vikings fail to land Cousins now.  Come on, Jets.  J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!  Promise him you'll reach on receivers and offensive linemen in the draft while paying him way too much money. 

I mean, while it appears they are all in for Cousins, its not like they would have no options next year.    Keenum was never that good anyway.    They could bring one of their other two QBs back and possibly draft someone.

This is a pretty good year to need a QB.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

I mean, while it appears they are all in for Cousins, its not like they would have no options next year.    Keenum was never that good anyway.    They could bring one of their other two QBs back and possibly draft someone.

This is a pretty good year to need a QB.

Bridgewater is the definition of game manager.  Bradford is upper  echelon game manager who is a tickle away from an injury and probably won't even play in the league anymore.  If the Vikings let their best QB since Favre go and don't land Cousins, it would be a colossal failure. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Bridgewater is the definition of game manager.  Bradford is upper  echelon game manager who is a tickle away from an injury and probably won't even play in the league anymore.  If the Vikings let their best QB since Favre go and don't land Cousins, it would be a colossal failure. 

Keenum is a game manager as well.

Bradford is a better game manager than Keenum....just cant stay healthy.

Bridgewater is likely not much more than a game manager as well.....but has absolutely more upside than Keenum.

Lets not act like Keenum is so much better than those 2.  He really isnt.      He just played for a coach and team that handled him perfectly when he was forced into the starting role.    I fully expect Keenum to have a very mediocre year this year.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Lets not act like Keenum is so much better than those 2.  He really isnt.      He just played for a coach and team that handled him perfectly when he was forced into the starting role.    I fully expect Keenum to have a very mediocre year this year.

Hate to pull this card, but how many Vikings games have you watched in the past ten years?  The year that Keenum just had was a better year than any Vikings QB has had other than Brett Favre over the past ten years.  I think everybody just assumes that Keenum is an okay QB who had a good year on a good team.  He was a Texan or a Ram for the past five years and never had an actual chance to do anything.  He was given a chance and he showed he's capable of playing in the NFL, just like the other guy who played for Fisher who just won the Super Bowl.  He also has more playoff wins than Cousins.  Cousins has won 4 out of 22 games against teams who ended the year with 9 wins or more.  Keenum got to 4 wins against such teams in 6 tries. 

Cousins = overrated.
Keenum = underrated.

When Keenum is going to be the cheaper option and they had the whole offseason leading up to now to get him re-signed and when Cousins wasn't even a guarantee to not get the tag and when he's still not a guarantee to sign with them and when he's going to cost in the 30 million a year range, if the Vikings miss out, it will be a colossal failure regardless of any way anybody tries to spin it. 

Not a huge Keenum fan but I think they dodged a bullet with Kirk. Kirk's spending too much time trying to promote his brand. I just don't like it. It has this Tom vs Time feel to it. Like, hey Kirk, you're 4-19 against teams that finish over 500. Stop acting like superstar. You're a stat padder.

Also, I disagree with people saying Broncos will still consider a QB at 5. I haven't seen the gtd money yet but I doubt Case takes a Mike Glennon type of deal which was essentially a one year deal. I expect Denver to solidify the O-line and try to roll with Case for the next 3-4 years.

19 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Not a huge Keenum fan but I think they dodged a bullet with Kirk. Kirk's spending too much time trying to promote his brand. I just don't like it. It has this Tom vs Time feel to it. Like, hey Kirk, you're 4-19 against teams that finish over 500. Stop acting like superstar. You're a stat padder.

Also, I disagree with people saying Broncos will still consider a QB at 5. I haven't seen the gtd money yet but I doubt Case takes a Mike Glennon type of deal which was essentially a one year deal. I expect Denver to solidify the O-line and try to roll with Case for the next 3-4 years.

Love your first paragraph hate the second I've never read such a polarizing post lol .

4 hours ago, paul-mac said:

As a Broncos fan, I like this move if and only if this is like the Mike Glennon deal that you can easily cut him after the first year. I think Keenum is ultimately being brought in to run the offseason program and start the first few games but I fully expect a QB at 5. 

Reports are 18-20 mil a year. That's starter money if true

Archived