The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

Hopefully we see a bruising, physical PSU/UM game tomorrow. We got PSU last year coming with them coming off a bye. Meanwhile, OSU was playing a late night overtime game against Wisky, who was also coming off a bye before playing us. Here’s hoping they are the ones that wear down in the 2nd half this year, and we’re the ones with energy.

I think this one ultimately comes down to the Buckeye offense. They’ve been incredible the past few weeks but have a tendency in big games recently to show their hand and not play aggressively. Whether bad QB/OL play or just not having any faith in the forward pass, that’s been a pitfall. Have to come out balanced and aggressive. If the offense plays like they recently have, I think OSU wins by multiple scores. A right to the vest game/shaky offense is a recipe for an L.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We are athletic enough to somewhat contain Barkley.

Weirdly enough, while Barkley is the best player and arguably prospect in the nation, McSorley scares me the most. Athletic qb who throws well. I like our dline vs. Barkley.

Also JT is playing in a big game so if our defense allows 21+ points we will lose.

On 10/22/2017 at 12:39 PM, Danger said:

He'll still probably break at least one, maybe two. The real key is can McSorely be clutch enough.

IMO tOSU can win if they let Barkley get his. It’s going to be about containing McSorely like you said. 

Forecast is very rainy. We all know JTs track record in the rain. 

Dude better not show his *arse again against a good defense. Could potentially be a legacy game for him. If good JT manages to show up and they capitalize with TDs, I think OSU wins.

Daesean Hamilton is the guy to keep an eye on. I look for PSU to look for favorable matchups there. We’ve struggled with letting WR1s go bonkers on us this year. Cobb, Spielman, etc. I’d anticipate them trying to move him around and match him up some on Sheffield and Arnette as much as they can. Barkley out of the backfield on LBs is always a factor as well. 

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Forecast is very rainy. We all know JTs track record in the rain. 

Dude better not show his *arse again against a good defense. Could potentially be a legacy game for him. If good JT manages to show up and they capitalize with TDs, I think OSU wins.

Daesean Hamilton is the guy to keep an eye on. I look for PSU to look for favorable matchups there. We’ve struggled with letting WR1s go bonkers on us this year. Cobb, Spielman, etc. I’d anticipate them trying to move him around and match him up some on Sheffield and Arnette as much as they can. Barkley out of the backfield on LBs is always a factor as well. 

Cobb was legit trouble but I dont know about Spielman tho. Dude got 134 yards after they were down 42-0. 77 of those yards was one play. I dont know how aggressive the defrense was playing or what corner was on him. 

Barkley on LBs are a big factor but i believe tOSU has the athletes at LB to keep up with him. Baker will be able to stick with him.