The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

10 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I really don't like this new version of college football. I've said I'm against transferring just for the sake of leaving ever since it was announced players would be allowed to and now that we're living in it, I don't like it even more. If there were good reasons (ie coaches leaving, racism, family related stuff to be closer to home etc), I get it but this just giant free-for-all just doesn't settle well w/ me. I guess I'm old school in that sense.

College football is a professional sport now.  Just what it is.  It's the NFL minor leagues but with more marketability.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Meh McClain is an NIL cruitment. OSU isn’t in those ones. They’ve lost some dudes with other teams throwing money at them. The southern teams are playing that game, Ohio state is going to need to make some philosophy changes if there is going to continue to be any sort of level playing field. My guess is it’s more of him watching two of his classmates ahead of him in the depth chart. Burke was bad all season. Jeremy Birmingham who is the most locked in insider said JK almost left for LSU after last season. They are certainly going to need to figure something out in the portal in my opinion after spring practice. Otherwise they are going to need to rely on one of the first year players. DB play sucked this year and it cost them. Up to scores, all they needed was to avoid the big play and wait and Ransom slipped and fell and Georgia scored in like 10 seconds. 

The Jihad Carter pickup is nice. He will fill in for last years portal guy, McCallister. Same role but better athlete. Now we could use a plug and play CB. 

Rumor is that we only pay QBs and WRs the big bucks. Which makes sense for us.

21 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

He gone

Idk man 

he can graduate, win the Heisman, beat Michigan, and potentially win a national title 

Marvin, Egbuka, Treyvon, are all coming back, and Miyan just announced he’s coming back too 

I think in his heart he wants to fulfill more of his OSU legacy 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Idk man 

he can graduate, win the Heisman, beat Michigan, and potentially win a national title 

Marvin, Egbuka, Treyvon, are all coming back, and Miyan just announced he’s coming back too 

I think in his heart he wants to fulfill more of his OSU legacy 

I have to agree w/ Duke but the points you make are valid. If his legacy worth losing draft status b/c after that performance vs Georgia, he's in the running for the top overall pick. I just can't see him coming back

Barstool guy said USC bought one of our players and it should be announced in the near future. Will be interesting if it's true and who it will be. My guess is someone at the WR position b/c there's just so much talent you can keep on the bench.  Especially w/ the rumors that Addison got something like 50k a catch or something ridiculous like that

Edited by BobbyPhil1781