QB rankings.

Xmad

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Not getting the Wentz hate, dude is gonna ball out this year. This is not a 2016 Power Ranking. 

Probably has a lot to do with his numbers last year.

Over the final 12 games he posted a line of: 288-472, 61% completion rate, 5.87 yards per attempt, 9 touchdowns, 13 interceptions, 72.3 QB rating.

In today's NFL, those are just truly bad numbers. Now obviously the excuses for the numbers exist, and shouldn't be ignored, but he hasn't shown enough at this point to be considered a top 15 quarterback in football.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Probably has a lot to do with his numbers last year.

Over the final 12 games he posted a line of: 288-472, 61% completion rate, 5.87 yards per attempt, 9 touchdowns, 13 interceptions, 72.3 QB rating.

In today's NFL, those are just truly bad numbers. Now obviously the excuses for the numbers exist, and shouldn't be ignored, but he hasn't shown enough at this point to be considered a top 15 quarterback in football.

Yeah, it isn't a 2016 power ranking but 2016 is all we can go by for Wentz. Until he proves he is better than average (15th being above that plateau) he is ranked too high. You can't really say:

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Not getting the Wentz hate, dude is gonna ball out this year.

Because you could say that about Goff, Kevin Hogan or even Thomas5737.

I'll try to do a list, nobody crucify me here:

Tom Brady QB New England Patriots
2 Aaron Rodgers QB Green Bay Packers
3 Ben Roethlisberger QB Pittsburgh Steelers
4 Matt Ryan QB Atlanta Falcons
5 Andrew Luck QB Indianapolis Colts
6 Drew Brees QB New Orleans Saints
7 Philip Rivers QB Los Angeles Chargers
8 Eli Manning QB New York Giants
9 Matthew Stafford QB Detroit Lions
10 Derek Carr QB Oakland Raiders
11 Joe Flacco QB Baltimore Ravens
12 Russell Wilson QB Seattle Seahawks
13 Carson Palmer QB Arizona Cardinals
14 Cam Newton QB Carolina Panthers
15 Jameis Winston QB Tampa Bay Buccaneers
16 Carson Wentz QB Philadelphia Eagles
17 Dak Prescott QB Dallas Cowboys
18 Sam Bradford QB Minnesota Vikings
19 Kirk Cousins QB Washington
20 Marcus Mariota QB Tennessee Titans
21 Andy Dalton QB Cincinnati Bengals
22 Ryan Tannehill QB Miami Dolphins
23 Alex Smith QB Kansas City Chiefs

Something Roughly along these lines for me:

1.Brady

2.Rodgers

3.Brees

4.Ryan

5.Ben

6.Wilson

7.Luck

8.Carr

9.Rivers

10.Stafford

11.Cam

12.Cousins

13.Prescott

14.Mariota

15.Palmer

16.Winston

17.Tanehill

18.Dalton

19.Bradford

20.Alex Smith

21.Eli

22.Flacco

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'll try to do a list, nobody crucify me here:

I'm gonna need you to gather a couple 4"X8" boards.

Not a bad list. Ryan is a little high, another year like last year and he'll deserve that spot. Rivers had a rough year but I'd move him up a few spots. Everything else imo is close enough that it isn't worth mentioning.

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm gonna need you to gather a couple 4"X8" boards.

Not a bad list. Ryan is a little high, another year like last year and he'll deserve that spot. Rivers had a rough year but I'd move him up a few spots. Everything else imo is close enough that it isn't worth mentioning.

It's a bit reactionary, but I kinda made it based on last year and where I think they're going. If I didn't, Ryan would be lower and Rivers would be higher.

On 8/4/2017 at 5:28 PM, titans0021 said:

13 is right around where I would put Marcus. Right in that group with Prescott and Winston makes sense. Wentz is too high for my liking and should, at the very least, be below Cousins at this point in their careers. Though, compared to the MMQB list, it's actually not as bad as I'd expect for WalterFootball.

And just to post the MMQB list, for comparison's sake (only 23 deep, but that's survivable):

1 Tom Brady QB New England Patriots
2 Aaron Rodgers QB Green Bay Packers
3 Ben Roethlisberger QB Pittsburgh Steelers
4 Matt Ryan QB Atlanta Falcons
5 Andrew Luck QB Indianapolis Colts
6 Drew Brees QB New Orleans Saints
7 Philip Rivers QB Los Angeles Chargers
8 Eli Manning QB New York Giants
9 Matthew Stafford QB Detroit Lions
10 Derek Carr QB Oakland Raiders
11 Joe Flacco QB Baltimore Ravens
12 Russell Wilson QB Seattle Seahawks
13 Carson Palmer QB Arizona Cardinals
14 Cam Newton QB Carolina Panthers
15 Jameis Winston QB Tampa Bay Buccaneers
16 Carson Wentz QB Philadelphia Eagles
17 Dak Prescott QB Dallas Cowboys
18 Sam Bradford QB Minnesota Vikings
19 Kirk Cousins QB Washington
20 Marcus Mariota QB Tennessee Titans
21 Andy Dalton QB Cincinnati Bengals
22 Ryan Tannehill QB Miami Dolphins
23 Alex Smith QB Kansas City Chiefs

Eli, Luck, Flacco and Stanford over Wilson? Not sure how. 

For me:

The Two Greatest although two very different QBs:

1) Aaron Rodgers

2) Tom Brady

The Elites:

3) Matt Ryan

Sure.. ranking Ryan is tough.. one great season but if that continues at all he is without question #3. Although he could fall back to earth like Newton did and be anywhere from 8-15 this season. Like I said.. tough guy to rank. 

4) Russell Wilson

This guy can do everything and had a historically good 2015 season. Worst O Line in the NFL last year. Now it seems he's super underrated. 

5) Drew Brees

One of the GOATs

6) Ben Roethlisberger 

Dude is gonna win MVP if he ever plays 16 games..

The Rest:

7) Andrew Luck

8) Derek Carr

9) Philip Rivers

10) Matt Stafford

Honestly like 11-16 is hard to rank between Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Dak Prescott, Andy Dalton, Kirk Cousins, Cam Newton, Eli Manning, and Carson Palmer. We haven't seen enough of Mariota, Winston, or Prescott and Palmer and Eli are the kind of QBs who could have a Top 5 season or Bottom 10 season. They are both unpredictable. 

Honestly, right now it feels to me like there's basically a group of 3:

Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben.

Then a big whack of at least a dozen guys who i could see reasonable arguments for in all sorts of different order.  Then a handful of "adequate" guys.  Then a whack of guys that just aren't good enough.

I'll be the 1st person to say if Ryans O'line doesn't perform even close to it did last year he will go back to the 8 to 10 range.   Ryan has NEVER had a decent O-line until last year and Alex Mack was by far the Falcons best pickup of the offseason.    To me this is the real Matt Ryan if you give him a solid to above avg O-line.  I have said it many of times i would give up our elite Skill position players up for a good O-line and good defense.    When Julio went down last year Ryan out up some of his best performances of the year because the O-line did it's job.   Ryan is alot like Manning in he is a really good timing route thrower and deadly accurate plus his intelligence is off the charts at the position.   Good enough strength and mobility to get the job done when need be on big throws or scrambles.  If you give him a good offensive line and atleast solid skill position players like Brady gets i think he stays in the top 5 most the time.

I like Russell Wilson, but he gets overrated way too much on here.   He is a very good QB....but he is very streaky.   The people that love him focus too much on the hot streaks and the people that hate him focus on the not so hot streaks.     In general, I believe he is a top 10 QB....but top 3?

You know what, its just easier to say WalterFootball is a joke.   At least its not referenced on here all the time like PFF is, though.   

Archived