Packers releasing WR Jordy Nelson

deltarich87

Pat Kirwan said it best...regarding older guys in free agency....  you gotta know with these older vets that you will get one good year with bounce back production...as if they are showing the team that got rid of them what they are missing.  But then they regress big time in year two and there's really nothing there in year three.  Big mistakes are made when you pay older guys large deals expecting good production past year one.

Man, that is exactly the Jordy situation.  I wouldn't doubt that he will want to show that he still has some juice.  But he sure didn't show it last year.  Wish him the best, but he's fighting Father Time and that dude is still undefeated...although he does have one draw out there against Tom Brady.

14 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Pat Kirwan said it best...regarding older guys in free agency....  you gotta know with these older vets that you will get one good year with bounce back production...as if they are showing the team that got rid of them what they are missing.  But then they regress big time in year two and there's really nothing there in year three.  Big mistakes are made when you pay older guys large deals expecting good production past year one.

Man, that is exactly the Jordy situation.  I wouldn't doubt that he will want to show that he still has some juice.  But he sure didn't show it last year.  Wish him the best, but he's fighting Father Time and that dude is still undefeated...although he does have one draw out there against Tom Brady.

Larry Fitzgerald as well.  He'll be 35 next year and has similar size and speed comparable to Nelson.  I wouldn't at all be surprised if you see Fitz type production from Nelson if he's moved to the slot (Like Fitz was) where he flourished at the end of 2016.

I remember a time last year when we signed Bennett. Just before that I fell in love with Cook and even named my puppy Cookie. I kept telling myself that Green bay wanted to get the big spending out of the way before they brought Cook back. Then the reports came in that Cook was visiting Oakland.

Fast forward to yesterday. When I was holding out hope to see Graham and Nelson turn into a more iconic duo than Fulton Read and Dean Portman. Then Oakland got into the picture. Thanks Oakland for making things real and ruing my dreams.

5 minutes ago, green 01 said:

I remember a time last year when we signed Bennett. Just before that I fell in love with Cook and even named my puppy Cookie. I kept telling myself that Green bay wanted to get the big spending out of the way before they brought Cook back. Then the reports came in that Cook was visiting Oakland.

Fast forward to yesterday. When I was holding out hope to see Graham and Nelson turn into a more iconic duo than Fulton Read and Dean Portman. Then Oakland got into the picture. Thanks Oakland for making things real and ruing my dreams.

That's your first problem, there will never be a more iconic duo than the Bash Brothers.

Archived