Watching Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater

vike daddy

7 hours ago, vikestyle said:

A few? Us and possibly Arizona or who would make that deal?

The Jets. The Bills. Heck, the Redskins may have considered it as well. Even at 39, Brees is a better Quarterback than Cousins. He might be at 40 and 41 too. Teams that weren't in on Cousins most certainly may have been in on a Hall of Fame QB. Even if they had a QBOTF on the roster or were thinking about drafting one. 

Cousins has been decent to good. Maybe that changes this year. But there's nothing that suggests that Brees can't remain a top 5 QB for the next 3 seasons. 

Bridgewater:  “I definitely do not mind waiting. For me, I get to take advantage of this opportunity. Like I said, I get to grow as a man and as a football player. I have been following this offense since I was in college and to be a part of it now is a great feeling. You watch the tape and look at the numbers and things like that and you say ‘wow’, it is a unique opportunity to be a part of something like that. For me, I do not mind waiting; I get to learn from one of the best players to ever play this game and get to be in the room with a great group of guys; I get to learn from coach Payton also, so I look forward to that.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/31/teddy-bridgewater-i-dont-mind-waiting/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

The Jets. The Bills. Heck, the Redskins may have considered it as well. Even at 39, Brees is a better Quarterback than Cousins. He might be at 40 and 41 too. Teams that weren't in on Cousins most certainly may have been in on a Hall of Fame QB. Even if they had a QBOTF on the roster or were thinking about drafting one. 

Cousins has been decent to good. Maybe that changes this year. But there's nothing that suggests that Brees can't remain a top 5 QB for the next 3 seasons. 

You're probably right. I'm probably just looking at it through my own perspective instead of teams. I would just have a very hard time being on the hook to give a 42 year old QB $28 million guaranteed.

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Bridgewater:  “I definitely do not mind waiting. For me, I get to take advantage of this opportunity. Like I said, I get to grow as a man and as a football player. I have been following this offense since I was in college and to be a part of it now is a great feeling. You watch the tape and look at the numbers and things like that and you say ‘wow’, it is a unique opportunity to be a part of something like that. For me, I do not mind waiting; I get to learn from one of the best players to ever play this game and get to be in the room with a great group of guys; I get to learn from coach Payton also, so I look forward to that.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/31/teddy-bridgewater-i-dont-mind-waiting/

Teddy ended up in a great situation.  I'm glad to hear that he's happy, even though he will have to wait to become the starter. 

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

I watched Heinicke during one of his games. He looked confidence and decisive. Maybe he decided to stop kicking in windows.

He never seemed to be the brightest guy, but maybe he's finally turned a corner and is ready to be a meaningful player in the NFL now.

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

So, is that Sam's retirement prediction?  

Amazing that we still gave up a first round pick for the guy and it didn't set us back in the least. Just shows you how desperate the Vikes were in 2016 to field a contender. Can't cault them for the move but I think they learned from it to have an experienced backup that can start. Shaun Hill wasn't supposed to be that guy. A year later they go out and get Keemum as that backup with starting experience who can play, and now this offseason, traded for Simien who can probably be viewed similarly to Keenum pre 2017.

Edited by vikingsrule