Green Bay signs Fuller to offer sheet; Bears match

AZBearsFan

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

@Superman(DH23)  The SCORE is garbage. McNeil sucks, Goff sucked, McKnight is bleh. The only one I like is Parkins and I actually loved Spiegel and Mannelly together. Holmes is good but gets too nerdy on things. 

Waddle and Silvy is the Goldstandard.

Yeah spiegel & mannelly were great together, but Mannelly either didnt want the job, or he was too much of a real dude to be what they wanted him to be.

I just want to turn on sports talk and hear...you know...sports talk.

56 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

According to Rap the Bears are matching, like most of us expected.

Side note, but not completely unrelated.  I really cant stand the new score.  I never really liked Mully & Hanley, i really liked spiegel & parkins, and i couldnt stand what had Bernstein & Goff had become.  Now spiegel is gone, probably my favorite guy along with Parkins.  Now theyve stuck Parkins with Danny Mac and its unlistenable.  Mac actually said on the radio that Kyle Fuller misses far too many tackles.  Folks hes saying that the cb who probably was the best tackling cb in the nfl last year missed too many tackles.  He also said that Fuller played poorly against AJ Green, which if i recall Green didnt catch a single ball against fuller.  He brings up the lack of takeaways, which is fair but completely poo poos the 22 pds.  And then neither guy nor the producers apparently can even get the facts about transition v franchise right. Thank goodness for Lawrence Holmes. 

Totally agree here.  Can’t stand the new score.  Spiegel and Parkins were great together.  Bernstein and Goff was tougher to listen to, but I’d still take that over this new lineup.  Anyone know what caused them to make this shakeup?  Ratings or something else?

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

Totally agree here.  Can’t stand the new score.  Spiegel and Parkins were great together.  Bernstein and Goff was tougher to listen to, but I’d still take that over this new lineup.  Anyone know what caused them to make this shakeup?  Ratings or something else?

Ik from listening to spiegel & parkins that parkins got the vote of confidence from the higher ups about a month back.  Im guessing Goff was the reason that Bernstein got political ALL THE TIME.  Not sure why they got rid of Spiegel other than he just went thru too many partners since Mac left.  Or possibly Mac refused to work with Spiegel again.  Idk.

I feel like the reason we didn't try and be cute waiting 5 days to match, was specifically because Green Bay did us a solid today..... No reason to screw them over after they did us a pretty large favor.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Umm... am I missing something or is this freaking awesome!? We basically have him for 2 years and $18 million!

The guaranteed isn't official. There are two sources reporting different $. Crapaport says 18, Shefter is saying 29.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Ik from listening to spiegel & parkins that parkins got the vote of confidence from the higher ups about a month back.  Im guessing Goff was the reason that Bernstein got political ALL THE TIME.  Not sure why they got rid of Spiegel other than he just went thru too many partners since Mac left.  Or possibly Mac refused to work with Spiegel again.  Idk.

I didn't know Bernstein and Goff talk politics a lot. Then the score should become a political station. Keep politics out of sports. People watch sports or listen to sports radio for sports.

30 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

The guaranteed isn't official. There are two sources reporting different $. Crapaport says 18, Shefter is saying 29.

It doesn't really matter what the guarantee is as the Bears have enough cap space.

I have a question that hopefully someone can answer.. now that the bears have publicly matched the deal does it still go the full 5 days? Cuz I was really hoping any decent cb would already be signed while they waited for you guys to decide.. if there’s one thing us Vikings/bears fans can agree on its our hatred for everything cheese!

4 minutes ago, ColGerBear said:

I am very interested in the structure of the contract. It sounds pretty cheap right now but my guess is it isn't. Big signing bonus and front loaded deal would make Fuller pretty expensive.

Yeah...although the Packers don't have a lot of cap space to really mess around and pull some shenanigans on the Bears, this whole situation makes me incredibly nervous. I really want to see the terms. Tagging Fuller at the level they did was a step to try and avoid giving him a large, multi-year deal when they still had some doubts about him. It may end up that's exactly the sort of deal he has now. 

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

According to Rap the Bears are matching, like most of us expected.

Side note, but not completely unrelated.  I really cant stand the new score.  I never really liked Mully & Hanley, i really liked spiegel & parkins, and i couldnt stand what had Bernstein & Goff had become.  Now spiegel is gone, probably my favorite guy along with Parkins.  Now theyve stuck Parkins with Danny Mac and its unlistenable.  Mac actually said on the radio that Kyle Fuller misses far too many tackles.  Folks hes saying that the cb who probably was the best tackling cb in the nfl last year missed too many tackles.  He also said that Fuller played poorly against AJ Green, which if i recall Green didnt catch a single ball against fuller.  He brings up the lack of takeaways, which is fair but completely poo poos the 22 pds.  And then neither guy nor the producers apparently can even get the facts about transition v franchise right. Thank goodness for Lawrence Holmes. 

Mully and Hanley is a show for disenchanted baby boomer Bears fans who are obsessed with Notre Dame.

Archived