Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

18 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Typically takes WR about 3 years in NFL.  Especially if they are late round picks. Its called the 3rd year jump.

And most teams have that luxury. We really don’t if we have a rookie starting at some point this year.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

And most teams have that luxury. We really don’t if we have a rookie starting at some point this year.

LOL... get off the cliff fella.

1. Highly unlikely our #3 pick starts day 1

2. While we don't have stars @ WR,  we have a nice vet in Kearse. Q if he is healthy.  Anderson and some young guys.  Not to mention perhaps finally a health Devon Smith.

3. Our rookie QB will be doing a lot of learning in practice not regular season games.

4. We have the rest of FA, the draft this year, next season FA period and next draft to grab some play makers.

Just now, JetsFan15 said:

LOL... get off the cliff fella.

1. Highly unlikely our #3 pick starts day 1

2. While we don't have stars @ WR,  we have a nice vet in Kearse. Q if he is healthy.  Anderson and some young guys.  Not to mention perhaps finally a health Devon Smith.

3. Our rookie QB will be doing a lot of learning in practice not regular season games.

4. We have the rest of FA, the draft this year, next season FA period and next draft to grab some play makers.

You included Smith in your debate. So I’m out.

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You included Smith in your debate. So I’m out.

LMAO.  Your funny.  When logic fails you let emotion take over.  Fact is Smith is and should be in the convo.  Did not say we are banking on him but he's still on the team, has pedigree and hopefully is healthy for us to evaluate.  Another potential weapon.

Your so upset that Macc does not make moves that match up wit your amateur GM standing that you fail to see what is actually accomplished and there can be another plan then the one you thing they should follow.  Be patient dude .. if after next years draft Macc has not upgraded the weapons I could understand your recent posts, until then how about looking at the half full glass for a change and accept that these guys (Macc and scouts) get paid a bunch to actually do what we write about ...

5 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

LMAO. I actually agree with a lot he said, but we can’t count on Devin to do anything. 

Did not say we/I were counting on Smith for anything.  Sky is falling Bobby was complaining about not have weapons and simply pointing out that there are some potential weapons.  More importantly my point is while we all know we don't have a loaded group of WR/TE, give Macc time to build the team.  Made, IMO, a great move to grab one of the top QBs in the draft class today.  LEt's enjoy that.

I hope we can get Josh Rosen, who I think they are probably high on after watching him throw dimes at his proday. I'd be a fan, I love getting QB who are 6'4. 

You'd have to imagine the Browns or Giants will take Barkley correct? That is a talent that is hard to pass up. I can see Browns drafting Darnold and the Giants taking Barkley or Nelson to help Eli out. 

I am less worried about adding weapons the next two seasons. I am more concerned with trying to fill the holes for next season with the remaining assets we have. We still need to replace Wilkerson, we still need an edge rusher, we still need either a LG or a C (unless we decide to keep Carpenter?) and we still need a tight end. How are we going to plug these holes now? It's not like free agents are pounding on Macc's door right now. 

I think the edge rusher is probably the one that will be hardest to plug now. 

Ok, this is a great move that sets me at ease.  I was worried we might be indifferent to the QB position for yet another year.  I have no real idea which QB we are into as we are all just guessing at this point, but apparently we started working on this trade 2 days ago which was after Bakers pro day... obviously that could be a total coincidence.  Macc also called the Browns for #1 and the Giants for #2 to inquire about a trade and I think to get a rough idea of who they were interested in.  They weren't interested in trading clearly.  Anyone mentioning Barkley is missing the mark here.  No one trades up this high in the first for a RB.  It just doesn't happen.

As far as the draft value I think we got an amazing value.  Generally a 2nd first is a must in most of these trades.  We got out of it for essentially 3 2nds but one is next year so value wise that is worth a 3rd.  Either way even if you take our 2nd round hits, Harris and Maye, I'd trade both of them and a first if it gets us a franchise QB, or even a good chance for a franchise QB.  I also think that trading ahead of time was great.  I think if we got stuck in the middle of a draft day bidding war the compensation would have ended up including a 1st.

For those of you talking about how we have no offensive talent, and no weapons for this new QB.  Well lets look around the league at where the top FA weapons went.  AR15 to chicago where they have a young promising QB.  Sammy to the Chiefs where they have a young promising QB.  Jordy to Oak where they have a young promising QB.  McKinnon to SF young promising QB,   It is easier to get guys to come to your team if there is something to get excited about.  That is the main reason we haven't gotten any real impact signings in forever.  We get a young promising QB it makes ever FA period easier to get what we want without having to massively overpay. 

Archived